• One Fly
    • Two Flies
    • Three Flies

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedWiggler
I have only been a member on this board a few weeks but here is what I notice. There is thug mentality against anyone who has an opinion that is different from the view of a core group on here and reading this thread it is clear who they are.

This could have to do with the way that orvis presented his first statement. He could have been less blunt. But he did not ever threaten physical abuse like some of the replies did. I also did not read any of his posts where he suggested anything about dry vs wet or any other things other than you should use one fly. Many people do believe that fly fishing should be done with one fly but maybe not as many in Alberta. If you have been around the sport for awhile you will know there has been debate on this issue and many others. to the fellow that talked about the book in england in the 1930s I think that probably wasnt a view shared by all or even most of the fly fishermen of the day.

I use one fly. But I think that anyone that uses more than one is still a real fly fisherpeople and i respect peoples opinions as long as they don't get abusive or mean spiritied. I don't much imagine i would have much in common with orvisonly and i don't think i would want to fish with him but i might choose him over some others on here. We all form opinions and sterotypes. For instance I read one persons posts on here and I think he must be an american. But assuming things and mocking someone about it as a group is what bullies do and that is what I seen on here. i don't expect i'll read or post much on here after this.

If you come to BC make sure you only use one fly.

And not that is makes any difference but after my earlier question I looked up the rules for the world flyfishing championship and it is one wet or dry fly at a time and no strike indicators.

It took you a few weeks to figure that out.

And not that is makes any difference but after my earlier question I looked up the rules for the world flyfishing championship and it is one wet or dry fly at a time and no strike indicators.

Just so you know the fips-mouche rules allow you to have three flies fish with no lead beads, but tungsten copper ect, under 4mm. So nymphs dries, streamers are all fair game.

and no exposed weight, ie copper johns, you can have ribing but the wire cannot over lap. fips-mouche is the world fly fishing championships organization and the rules that all countries national championships follow aswell as the world championships.

No indicators either, just sections of coloured mono is all most of us use.

yeah, when the nationals have been in bc they adjusted to the provincial regs, but any world championships always allow three flies as per fips-mouche rules.

its my understanding that the one fly rule in bc is to protect the salmon, i guess the ideal regs would be to classify the salmon water as one fly only and let the rest of the trout fishery be three flies, similar to what the regulations in nova scotia, and quebec are.