Fly Fusion Forums

Friday Night Spey Party

toolman

We'll be hitting the Bow this Friday evening once again, to play with the Spey toys and work on the casting skillz. Everyone is welcome to join us. We'll be on river left (east side), across from the Fish Creek Boat Launch, starting around 6:00pm. These informal Spey gatherings are a lot of fun and I hope to see the usual crowd, as well some of the new Spey casters too.

Greg

With proper instruction, it's not that difficult to learn a few standard spey casts and go fishing. But, like anything else, it takes a lot of instruction and years of practise to master all 3 casting styles... PNW Skagit Casting , Scandinavian Underhand Casting and Scotish Ghillie Style using Long belly lines.

I think I'll line up a 15' 10wt. with a long belly line for tommorow night as well. I have a new Vision Spey Ace 75' head, that Gordon brought over from Scotland for me, that I've yet to try.

ps. Good luck at Whitetail, Dave.

DANG, I guess I have no way around this so I will be out there as well, got a new line system that I am dailing in my rods to.

I'll most likely bring out my Beulha 7116, my TFO Pro 6126 and my other TFO Pro 8126

Haven't really throwen too much with my skagit setup so I might take it for a spin and see what type of distance I can get with how much weight.

Anyways hope there can be alot of people showing up, the last one that we had was a blast, had lots of fun trying out diffrent line and rig setups.

HEADSCAN come on out again and bring that Opti Cost, that was the sickest single hander I have used in a LOOOOONG time.

Max, the switch that you talked about is that the new custom one, or was that the one that I casted?

Doc, I got a new line set up that me and greg have been using that is absoultly the sickest thing I have ever tried.

Dave, Spey casting not that hard if you have half a brain which I hope you do cause otherwise its time to bring out the shotgun cause zombies are roaming the streets.

We'll be hitting the Bow this Friday evening once again, to play with the Spey toys and work on the casting skillz. Everyone is welcome to join us. We'll be on river left (east side), across from the Fish Creek Boat Launch, starting around 6:00pm. These informal Spey gatherings are a lot of fun and I hope to see the usual crowd, as well some of the new Spey casters too.

Greg

Greg

I'd like to be there, but wil have to pass on this one. Working to pay for the toys

Thanks to everyone who showed up for this weeks Friday Night Spey Party...As usual, it was a lot of fun casting a bunch of new rod/line set ups and talking Spey for a few hours.

Specail thanks to FrenchCreek for bringing his collection of CND Spey rods for everyone to try. Sweet sticks Peter...

In attendance this evening...(L-R)

FrenchCreek.. Bhurt.. Wetduck.. Headscan.. Cheeler.. Max.. SilverDoctor..

IMG_3938.jpg

Headscan launching the bomb, as Bhurt looks on and checks out the rod/line combo...

IMG_3941.jpg

SilverDoctor playing with a Loop Opti 8124 and Vision Ace 8/9 Scandi Head...a perfect match.

IMG_3943.jpg

Till next time...Keep both hands on the rod.

It was a fun evening with truly great company with all who turned out. Lots of swapping Spey tips, lies and flies. Grateful thanks to FrenchCreek for bringing the great selection of rods for everyone to play with and drool over. Special thanks to Toolman for getting the evening going and caring about the Spey community.

fri1.jpg

fri2.jpg

fri3.jpg

Swinging a big juicy weighted rubber legged Stonefly. I had about a 100' of line out when he hit. Then I made him swim all the way back up too me and Doc for the pic... :lol:

In some parts of Europe... that would be a Trophy Fish... :bow:

:rolleyes: