Fly Fusion Forums

Day 23

Don't worry, SJW, I've found a solution to your problem. I'm working on a design for a smoke-holder that you wear around your neck,

sorta like what musicians use to hold their harmonicas; that way your hands are free to hold your flyrod & your triple/triple.

So, you don't have to quit smoking after all!

You're welcome.

__Bob Loblaw__

hmmmmm can we start at the top of a hill? Naw I think a bike that does 130 in first might be the wrong bike for me.......Its an inner ear thing....... well sorta a voice in my head tells me I am superman, the pavement disagrees

In all seriousness though I would really like a motorcycle but it might be the thing that kills me....... My track record is not so great on 2 wheels...... you guys should have a nice day for it though

Good job Dave (Toecutter - LOL)- it does get easier as time goes on - I just passed 6 mos myself - put Golden trout on your list this year, you'll appreciate not smoking if you take on one of those monster hikes....PS I miss my YZF600R soooooo much this time of year...

Good going Dave. As someone who is living with someone who is giving up Backwoods cold turkey and on day #9, I can sympathize how hard this must be for you. You're over the hump now - it takes 21 days to make and break a habit. You're in the clear.

2.5 years smoke, er....tobacco free.. it's tough buddy I tried several times before I got it..It's the best thing you can do for yourself..hang in there, you'll be amazed in a couple months at how far you can walk without panting like a dog and at how great that Timmy's tastes...good on ya...

21 days to break the habit? Sounds about right.....if you don't go to Vegas.

I challenge anyone to go to Vegas and stay quit with anything less than 2 or 3 months without a smoke....lol.

I watched 3 of my group go off the wagon with over a month each under their belts. One of them had 6 months and couldn't resist.

Good on ya SWJ. My turn now, wish me luck. (Right after this last pack)

This post gave me the urge to go outside for one right now.

Hey SJW, after three months smoke free, go buy yourself the most expensive Sage rod you can find (you'll still likely have extra cash even after that!)...... then make a pact with your significant other that she can take the rod and sell if you ever start again!!!

Hey it worked for me back in 1984 and I still have the rod!!!! :rolleyes: