• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post to update you on the 08 Expo. We have just confirmed that fly fishing legend Kelly Galloup will be attending the 2008 exposition. Kelly is a great addition to the presenter line-up and we are looking forward to having him in Calgary for the weekend. See below for his bio. We will be posting his presentation topics on the show's site in the next short while.

Kelly Galloup Bio

Kelly Galloup started his fly fishing career at the age of 13, tying flies for the local tackle shop. Kelly has over forty nationally recognized fly patterns. He started guiding at the age of 16 and is still guiding to this day some 30 years later. He owned and operated the Troutsman fly shop in Northern Michigan from 1981 to 2002. In the spring of 2002 he sold the Troutsman and moved to Montana where he and his wife Penny bought the Slide Inn lodge on the Madison River. Kelly has written two books Modern Streamers for Trophy Trout and Cripples and Spinners. Kelly has been published in nearly every major fly fishing periodical in the country and is now one of the Editors at Large for Fly Fisherman magazine. Kelly was also one of the hosts of Fly Fish TV on the Outdoor Life Network. In 2004 Kelly was nominated and received the Living Legend award by the Federation of Flyfishers.

Make sure to check out Kelly's interview at Ask About Fly Fishing Radio: http://www.askaboutflyfishing.com/speakers/kelly/kelly.cfm

Cheers!

Chris

Hey Chrisbird. Do you think you can get Denny Rickard's one year?

Will keep in in mind for next year. We have heard a lot of good things about Denny and would love to have him up for the show.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Great news on the new venue! I’ve heard rumors that LeRoy Hyatt might be at this years show, any chance of this happening? Pretty much everything I’ve learned about flyting was thanks to watching LeRoy Hyatt and the late Dave Engerbretson.

I remember meeting you at a sportsmen’s show before you started the Canadian Fly Fishing Expo, and you mentioning you were planning to start your own show dedicated to our sport. Who would have thought then it would become what it is now. You’ve given people the chance to meet and learn from legends like Jack Dennis, Bob Clouser, and our own Vic Bergman and Jim McLennan…thanks, and keep up the great work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris there is a rummer that LeRoy Hyatt of" fly tying the anglers art" is going to be one of the presenters that is great as he has given me more pointers on tying then any one I know,please let me know if the rummer is correct RED

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest tallieho
I've been meaning to ask how long it takes to drive from the north end (airport say) to Spruce Meadows? Anyone?

probably 20-30 min. ,aw but if there's a crash/parking lot on the deerfoot well that is another subject.

• 2 months later...