Fly Fusion Forums

Wholesale Sports Bought

true

letter of intent issued.

There's trouble then........I've worked in the banking industry for over 30 years, alot of which has been with agricultural based firms and experience says that when a company get's into an unrelated field (and sure you can say that retailing is retailing) that is other than their core business, they will fail..........It will be interesting, and perhaps painful, to watch...........

Wow. I don't like that at all. Unless we were gonna lose wholesale in some other way we didn't see coming.... I can't say I like this and have to side with ADC here.

It'll be a sad day when all you can find is a big ol' BASS pro shop..... ina province that has no bass... :blink:

all depends on how they handle it, if the go in guns blazing and make change upon change while not refering to staff and store managment input then yeah I say Bass pro will have an easy meal. or if the treat the aquisition as business as usual and just add their distribution and cash flow with out tinkering with the overall managment of the store, then I think they may have more of a fighting chance.

Wow. I don't like that at all. Unless we were gonna lose wholesale in some other way we didn't see coming.... I can't say I like this and have to side with ADC here.

It'll be a sad day when all you can find is a big ol' BASS pro shop..... ina province that has no bass... :blink:

Island Lake (near Smoky Lake). Search Doc's board for this subject and you might find a post or two confirming they still exist.

Species of 'Undetermined' Status

Smallmouth Bass

Smallmouth bass were stocked into Island Lake (near Smoky Lake) between 1977 and 1984. Until 1989 there was some evidence of natural reproduction. It is not known whether this population is self-sustaining at the present time. However it is presumed there are a few fish left. As this is a non-native species, no special monitoring is planned.

http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/fishwildlife/fish...statusfish.aspx

Bass Pro, Gander Mtn., Cabela's, all the same thing. Great selection, HUGE stores. Kid in a candy store kinda stuff. The saltwater selection in Bass Pro was really good in Texas, so I would imagine they will be able to adapt to the north.

That said, I always liked Russell's and Wholesale. A little understaffed, but who isn't? Any retail store here is going to struggle with staff over the foreseeable future.

Maybe now you'll actually be able to find fly tying materials when you go in there. The place is just ravaged right now.

some flytying materials arrived today. and tons and i mean tons coming soon.

Guest bigbadbrent
Bass Pro, Gander Mtn., Cabela's, all the same thing. Great selection, HUGE stores. Kid in a candy store kinda stuff. The saltwater selection in Bass Pro was really good in Texas, so I would imagine they will be able to adapt to the north.

That said, I always liked Russell's and Wholesale. A little understaffed, but who isn't? Any retail store here is going to struggle with staff over the foreseeable future.

the small stores don't struggle nearly as much as the big ones

people who want to work in and be part of the industry, are.

Maybe now you'll actually be able to find fly tying materials when you go in there. The place is just ravaged right now.

Ravaged is right....No selection of reels...Fly tying material....and low on just about everything for the last month....

Hope they get some stuff in soon....been looking for cheaper end reel...but no selection....All 3/4's and 7/8's...

They did replace my 444 classic...I bought some a month ago...and it started to crack....Was happy bout the line replacement.

Sorry for the hijack...just had to put in my 2 cents...

Guest Sundancefisher

They just announced that the Alberta store will trademark the name Pike Pro Shop.

It really doesn't matter how much stock a store has in the loading dock. It needs to be on the shelves and racks for us to buy it. I have been very dissapointed trying to buy fly tying material at W.S. over the past several months. Not sure what the problem is but I suspect it's the same as many other retail stores, they can't find enough staff to get the job done.

If UFA bought them, then I'd think they sold for cheap. Low inventory in a store that just sold, aka was going bankrupt, makes sense to me. I've shopped at UFA for years, and the past 6 years or more they don't even come close to prices in Calgary at Canadian tire, Home Depot, Rona, ect. Thanks China. I bought a oil filter at my local UFA one year, he had it in stock and cost $6. I figured I'd get one a couple years later, she said it had to be ordered, and they wanted $20 for it. Their $5 at Canadian tire.

That could mean absolutely nothing to Wholesale sports prices, but UFA seems to be run with 'old money', and I'd guess its bread and butter is from farmers who don't have many options. If you want a large fuel order, and a bunch of lumber and you live in the country, then UFA is the place to call. Learning their now in to Outdoor sporting goods is odd, and it could mean they have some modern management who are looking to diversify and take some ventures outside of their market place.

Either way, its good to see some local companies entering the market.