Fly Fusion Forums

Flames Choking Early This Year

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boy this is a pretty quiet thread now that the flames sent the oil to the golf course, now ain't it? :lol::lol::lol:

Personally, I like both EDM and CGY and would much rather have seen vancouver lose out. How can I cheer for both alberta teams? I don't know... I just do. :P

go ALBERTA go

Boy this is a pretty quiet thread now that the flames sent the oil to the golf course, now ain't it? :lol::lol::lol:

...................................go ALBERTA go

Brian, if you read back in the thread, you'll see it was deathly quiet after the Oilers beat the Flames on Saturday, and then again after the Flames lost to the Nucks on Sunday. Most of the Flamer fans didn't emerge until the Flames eeked out a victory on Tuesday :P:P . Terry

Well their goes that stretch of hope. You'd think the oil would have thrown the game to spite their nemesis the flames. Oh well, maybe the Habs will make a run of it so I at least have someone to watch over the next little while.......

Canucks didn't play to win and thats the price they pay. Maybe next year....or is it the year after that.......

I feel so much better today :):) . The Oilers went out with class -- play to win at all costs, even if it helps the Flames. Better still, is the fact that with Nashville winning, the Oilers are out of the playoffs regardless of whether or not they had won against the Flames on Tuesday -- i.e. Calgary can't claim to have knocked the Oilers out. :lol::lol::lol: Let the playoffs begin -- can't wait.

BBT, would you like me to send you an Oilers jersey, now that you're on the Oilers wagon? Terry

Guest Sundancefisher

You gotta give credit to the Oilers for playing hard to the end. I am hoping the Flames are just saving some energy.

I am a Flames fan by default since I am living in Calgary but I was born and raised in Edmonton and grew up watching Kurri, Coffey, Huddy, Gretzky, Moag, Fuhr etc. etc. etc. It was a great time and not soon recreated.

Nice to see more parity in the league. I think Calgary has the talent to play well as a team but that is the question. Will they play as a team or will the coaching cause them to turtle? Someone has to ask why they have tanked as of late. Is it players fault? Lack of focus? Coaching? Calibre of play has increased? What could it be?

All I can hope is for some great games, great plays and great fishing in between!

Cheers

GO FLAMES GO!

SUN

BBT, would you like me to send you an Oilers jersey, now that you're on the Oilers wagon? Terry

Terry I would love for you to bring me a jersey but could you please have it on first and then walk down 17th yelling at every car load of Flames fans you see.

I AM OFF THE OILERS WAGON BUT THANKS AGAIN :lol:

Guest RedWiggler
Agree Brian - the reffing has been BRUTAL the last week or so. How does Gaborik slash and break Vandermeer's stick and VM gets a penalty?

Gotta start calling some of the diving too.

It has not just been this week, its been since there big run to the finals in 03/04. I got so mad watching last night just becuase of the reffing, the Vandermeer call........brutal, rolston runs over Kipper in the 3rd......no call, Nolan gets mugged by two Wild in the 3rd in the offencive end.........no call, BUddy there steps on Sarich's stick.........2 for tripping = PP goal game over. This happens game in and game out and is becoming painfull to watch, Calgary cant do anything without being penalized for it. Then you listen to rob Kerr on after hours and he makes you want to jump through the radio and choke him I personally dont think he even watches the games. Gretz was right 4 years ago when he stood up and said everyone in the hockey world wants to see Canada fail, I believe this and personally I think there is a conspirecy against Calgary and or other Canadian teams. Betman knows as soon as there are no American teams left then the game is dead.......in the US were know one cares anyways, but he thinks thats were the game needs to thrive........news flash it just doesnt, Americans hate hockey it will never thrive there. I shake my head when I think about how some one could like Basketball and or Baseball more than hockey, I get football and golf but baseball........come on.

The Wilds third goal should never have happened since the linesman missed an offside call that would have killed the play but then again the Flames are brutal at clearing the puck. It's very frustrating watching them and I hope to hell the step up and do something in the first round.

Personally, I like both EDM and CGY How can I cheer for both alberta teams? I don't know... I just do. :P

go ALBERTA go

Amen to that Brian! I've always been a huge fan of both teams. If Edmonton's playing Calgary, I cheer for Edmonton, but If Calgary is playing any of the other 29 teams, it's go flames go. Hockey fans need to start cheering for Alberta and Canadian teams because Betman is watering down hockey so teams like Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Anaheim are winning the cup.....places that don't even have frickin ice, yet the have ice hockey teams....I guess it's all about the $$$$$ to a former New York lawyer.

Even last night in front of thousands of Edmontonians, Corb Lund admitted that if Calgary is playing anyone but Edmonton, he's cheering Calgary on...thought that was kind of cool.

P.S. Don't call me a "bandwagon" fan because I like more than one team. lol.

What kind of reception did he get from saying that Drshoal? As far as cheering for both teams, I personally can not do it. I didn't realize it was possible to hate as much as I do when it comes to Calgary. Watching them fail brings a smile to my face. Yeah you may think I have issues, but I'm not the only Oilers fan that feels this way.

It has not just been this week, its been since there big run to the finals in 03/04. I got so mad watching last night just becuase of the reffing, the Vandermeer call........brutal, rolston runs over Kipper in the 3rd......no call, Nolan gets mugged by two Wild in the 3rd in the offencive end.........no call, BUddy there steps on Sarich's stick.........2 for tripping = PP goal game over. This happens game in and game out and is becoming painfull to watch,

amen. Look at the game summary sheets on NHL.com and try to find me a game that a) the flames took LESS penalties than the opposition OR b ) the refs gave the opposition a 5 on 3 in the 3rd period when calgary was pressing to tie it

seems every f***n game the same stuff happens. Starting to actually turn me away from watching. Remember game 7 of the finals??? 5 on 3 for tampa in the 1st, when players from each team were wrestling. How the f**k did that happen eh?