Fly Fusion Forums

Flames Choking Early This Year

It's time to get some hockey talk going, so here we go............. :):):)

With the enitre province cheering them on, the Flames still couldn't do it against the Av, even though the Oilers were doing them a favour by kicking butt against the Wild. Is it time to remove those Alberta crests from the Flames' uniform (not sure why they are there in the first place) -- lighten things up for them a bit? Terry

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're still 6-3-1 in their last 10 and lost to a desperate, talented team that has a team chasing them for the last playoff position.

I can't say I'm all that confident in the Flames chances of winning the Cup, but once the playoffs start, it's a totally new season.

5 points in with 5 games to go should be enough to secure a spot, but that's why you play the games....

I think the Alberta Crest is on their jerseys because unless something has changed, Calgary is a City in the Province of Alberta. :blink:

i think we are fine and iwll make it..... making things interesting thats forsure... all i gotta say if indeed the unlucky fluky stuff does happen and we are out and edmonton is in .......... give craig coach of the year and trade all but the the halfdozen guys who show up game in game out for calgary........ but we will be fine............. thanks terry

it was one game..

Yes, but there's a pattern here -- consistent inconsistency.

And yes, the Flames will probably make the playoffs, and yes, the Oilers probably won't. However, if I was a Flames fan, I'd sure be worried about another first round exit. How long can Iginla, Phaneuf, and Kipprasoff carry this team?

Oh, and BBT, get some new anti-Oilers stuff, we've seen all those before :):) .

Terry

Watching the Flames tonight is the perfect indication of this team. Looked like Division 7 Atom in the first period and a cup contender in the second.

Consistent inconsistency is the best way to put it. The Flames could be clear NW division leaders if they could just find their identity.

The Oil have been fun to watch but they've been playing with no pressure. If they can stay loose I think they're in. They're a really exciting team to watch - I'll give you that. Fact is, however, that all the whining they've done about injured players was meaningless. The Oil's success is coming from great speed and some amazing creativity. They dismembered Minnesota last night. They should have been playing like that all year instead of making excuses for uninspired hockey.

Guest bigbadbrent

the real question is..who do i want to win tomorrow?

Vancouver and Colorado, both chasing calgary...this cannot go to OT, or i'll be right pissed

Edmonton and Minnesota..i guess i should be wanting minnesota to lose, so they're not back in first..but i don't want edmonton within 1 point of a playoff spot if vancouver and colorado stay in regulation.

the dilemma, the dilemma

the real question is..who do i want to win tomorrow?

Vancouver and Colorado, both chasing calgary...this cannot go to OT, or i'll be right pissed

:lol:

Man I loved that goal by Phaneuf tonight.

5.3% chance the Leafs make it

:( Next year

I must say Kipper is getting hot again. People were all over him this year because of his inconsistantcy, but look at him now, and freshen your memories of the playoff run where they almost made it. If the flames can pull together and stick together as a team they could again be cup contendors. They have the talent offensively and defensively and they have the goaltending and a pretty darn good backup as well

freshen your memories of the playoff run where they almost made it.

I think this quote says about everything that needs to be said about the Flames.....Got all the right words---"memories" and "almost"......For us old guys we might not even be able to think back that far............Kinda like the winter of '55!!........... :P

Agree with Terry, they should take the Alberta crests off their jerseys........

When will the "bandwagon jumping" Flames fans realize that the Flames have actually only been past the first round once since 1989. First round exits are a rule. There actually was a team in Calgary before the 2004 season...I know...I checked!!

BBB....I respect your loyalty and do not include you in this group.

The Flames will still have a better chance then the Oil of making it past the first round cuz we will be in the first round!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No bandwagon here!!!!!!!!!! born in Calgary and a Flames fan till the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we could talk football? Na that's right the Esks suck just as bad :lol:

ADC Living in the past is the only thing Edmonton fans have left. Anytime one of there teams is out of any race all I here about is all the cups that were won way back in the day's.

The Flame have a good team this year and a whole lot of guys that can put the puck in the net on a regular basis: their goaltending isn't too shabby either. I predict they will go a long way in these playoffs..they have the veterans and the talent to get the job done.