Fly Fusion Forums

Let's Give You Guys Some Perspective Here Shall We?

Anyone see the video for foo fighters everlong? Featuring birchy's hand. 1:18 of the video.

OK, how did you think of that? I am really starting to believe are a cyborg, or at least the manifestation of the wired up guys from SciFi books.

Birchy, do you have to get your rings built at a casing supply company? :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, how did you think of that? I am really starting to believe are a cyborg, or at least the manifestation of the wired up guys from SciFi books.

Birchy, do you have to get your rings built at a casing supply company? :lol:

lol.. size 14 and getting bigger by the day.

lmao i believe ya know

I'm 7'2" tall, and at least 6'6" while squatting. The shark in the picture is 10 feet long, at least.

OK, so he's 70" or so. Just wanted an excuse to post. Fish was released unharmed. We were using big Whitefish for bait.

post-116-1182518499.jpg

The rod in this pic is a 3 wt. Promise.

post-116-1182518704.jpg

I'm 7'2" tall, and at least 6'6" while squatting. The shark in the picture is 10 feet long, at least.

OK, so he's 70" or so. Just wanted an excuse to post. Fish was released unharmed. We were using big Whitefish for bait.

rick1.jpg

2cool21.JPG

Settle down there Paul Bunyan.

Where's Babe the Ox?

Babe? You mean that little chihuahua from Wisconsin, or Minnesota, or one of those tiny Northern states? I guess a guy as vertically challenged as Paul would need a smallish pet. I bet Babe (or is it Blue, I can't remember) would make pretty good shark bait.

Dave,

That pic is from Breton Island, about a 45 min boat ride from Venice. Did you ever get a chance to fish the Islands when you were down there? Once everything opens back up again (5 yrs or so?) we'll be making another trip. I think the fly rod could be very successful down there.

post-116-1182518499.jpg

post-116-1182518704.jpg

Cool pics dude. Where was that taken?

Cool pics dude. Where was that taken?

Here is a link:

http://www.gulfmex.org/crp1002.html

We were on Breton Island. Much has changed since then due to Katrina and Rita.

The shark fishing was meant to be an afternoon diversion between the morning and evening speckled trout and redfish activity. The plan was to toss out a couple of big rods, set up some chairs on the beach, drink beer and shoot our guns (just kidding esleech!). As it turned out, you would have a hookup within 1 minute of the bait hitting the water. It was unreal. We probably hooked 20 sharks in 4 hours and caught 10 or so. Smallest say 50", biggest probably 75. These guys, except for the big bull in the last picture, are aerial fighters. Wish we had gotten a shot of one airborne, but we all had slow digital cameras and never did. I did hook one big shark. Not sure how big, but I broke him off on purpose before he spooled me. Never slowed down. He would have had to have been 200 lb plus, and almost certainly a bull shark. Did I mention this is in 4 ft of water and we were wading? We also fish for reds in the exact same spot. You have to pay very close attention to your stringer, because the sharks will literally take fish right off of it. The rule is to only use slip knots, or some type of quick release device on the stringer in case something much bigger than you with nast teeth wants your fish!

This used to be a yearly trip for a group of us, but we are waiting for the islands, and services on the mainland to redevelop post Katrina. Should be awesome next time we go.

post-116-1182522395.jpg

post-116-1182522281.jpg

I find it hard to believe they are rebuilding anything down there. Waste of money. Hurricanes happen every year. Hell when I lived in Lafayette one came across the city. I bailed and went to houston when the wind speeds reached 165 MPH. Was insane.

I find it hard to believe they are rebuilding anything down there. Waste of money. Hurricanes happen every year. Hell when I lived in Lafayette one came across the city. I bailed and went to houston when the wind speeds reached 165 MPH. Was insane.

Dave,

I sort of agree, but what if your family has lived there for hundreds of years? Hurricanes are a fact of life, but the last real big storm to hit the New Orleans coast, pre Katrina, was Betsy in like 1965. I lived on the gulf coast until I was 20 and we were never hit (well, once when I was 3 but I don't remember so it doesn't count).

As to New Orleans, with proper flood control it could be rebuilt. The problem is, as you put it above, money. They started the flood control system post Betsy. So 40 years ago. It still isn't finished, because of lack of political will. Everyone is real gungho for the first several years. Then the money earmarked for flood control ends up fixing roads, building bridges, financing govenors reelection campaigns, etc. That being said, the city will be rebuilt for political much more so than economic reasons. It will take awhile however.