Fly Fusion Forums

Let's Give You Guys Some Perspective Here Shall We?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow...you do have some Fred Munster mitts going on there Birchy!

So where'd you catch that second whitefish? I love whitefish...they're my favourite.

Yeh.. Big hands are a family trait.. PLUS, I recently found out I have Acromegaly. Funny you say that because it's the same thing that "Lurch" in the Addams Family had! haha.. As well as Andre the Giant, Richard Kiel (actor that played "Jaws" in the old Bond movies, and Happy Gilmore's boss), The Big Show (WWE wrestler), etc. Only thing is.. I don't get to be 7+ feet tall! :(

Caught that guy on the Red Deer just down from the boat launch below Dickson Dam.

Omigod Birchy.....I feel so bad now! I'll be making room for that other foot in my mouth....I hope I didn't offend you. Probably a good thing you won't grow to 7 feet....custom waders would probably be in order.

Dave...honestly....Banana Hands.....I did laugh at that.

LOL!! I didn't even notice that the first time!! I thought CDock posted it.. totally missed yours above it!!

LynnF - No worries at all! It's one of those rare things. I'm having surgery done on Aug. 10 to start treatment. The good thing is they caught it early.. I'm only 26 and most people aren't diagnosed until their mid 40's.

Based on the comparison between the two photos and the spacing between the fingers, I would estimate that the second whitefish was about 22 inches. At 22 inches and thick that whitefish was likely about 4 lbs, maybe 4 1/2.

Well.. the Alberta Record is 5.656 pounds:

http://www.albertaoutdoorsmen.ca/record-book.htm

So mine was at least 5.657. :P

birtchy not too be an ass but drop it man that is a bigwhittie yes. but ive pulled out some hogs thtat big easy. same with soem othhr friends and probably 100 other boards members...it is one hell of a fish yes but sadly whitties arnt too prised by most and tehres so many people ou there who think they know how too photoshop and trick camera lenses and such its not easy for one too believe.....

birtchy not too be an ass but drop it man that is a bigwhittie yes. but ive pulled out some hogs thtat big easy. same with soem othhr friends and probably 100 other boards members...it is one hell of a fish yes but sadly whitties arnt too prised by most and tehres so many people ou there who think they know how too photoshop and trick camera lenses and such its not easy for one too believe.....

It's called "humor" man.

Based on the comparison between the two photos and the spacing between the fingers, I would estimate that the second whitefish was about 22 inches. At 22 inches and thick that whitefish was likely about 4 lbs, maybe 4 1/2.

I think that's a fair estimate. Sorry Birchy. We'll catch him again, he's gained some weight since last year. :P