Fly Fusion Forums

Let's Give You Guys Some Perspective Here Shall We?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That and Louisiana is so corrupt its not even funny. I'd say they = Texas in Oil revenue but you'd never know it.

hijacked.jpg

Yeah, I was going to mention that as well. They actually elected Edwin Edwards for govenor for a third term (I think) just after he was released from jail for stealing from the state during his 1st and 2nd term. The devil you know, I guess. Also, it was pretty funny how the sheriff always had the biggest house in any town while on a government salary!

In many ways, they are more corrupt than some third world countries. If you don't pay off certain local authorities, you cannot do business.

They sure can cook however!

Hey, rickr, I think people put a little too much emphasis on where they happened to be born. I grew up in a place that didn't get

hurricanes, but it was often a tad damp, and my hat kept blowin' off! So, I left Newfoundland and immigrated to Canada when

I was 17. (LOL)

And since this thread is supposed to be about Birchy, I'll say this : "Keep on keepin' on, Birchy! Some day when I'm not so dang

busy, we gonna go to MY CREEK (SHHH!) and have a 200 fish day!Keep it real!"

Hey, rickr, I think people put a little too much emphasis on where they happened to be born. I grew up in a place that didn't get

hurricanes, but it was often a tad damp, and my hat kept blowin' off! So, I left Newfoundland and immigrated to Canada when

I was 17. (LOL)

And since this thread is supposed to be about Birchy, I'll say this : "Keep on keepin' on, Birchy! Some day when I'm not so dang

busy, we gonna go to MY CREEK (SHHH!) and have a 200 fish day!Keep it real!"

Bob,

There is an old quote from Texas that says:

"I wasn't born in Texas, but got here as fast as I could"

I would say the same about Calgary.

Birchy,

I most humbly apologize for stealing your post!! Can you convice Bob to take me to HIS CREEK as well. I woul reciprocate, but I don't have a creek yet.

Bob.. you said it man! I'm going to catch that guy again and this time I'll have a measuring tape and scale.

'Kay Birchy, my good man - heres my biggest whitey ! Please excuse the stringers - This is a very remote lake (Fly in and the boat was hauled with a sled in the winter) and very full of fish and, of course completely legal at the time, I believe she came in at 25-1/4 inches. PS she was pretty fat too, can't remember the girth though !

Whitey.jpg

'Kay Birchy, my good man - heres my biggest whitey ! Please excuse the stringers - This is a very remote lake (Fly in and the boat was hauled with a sled in the winter) and very full of fish and, of course completely legal at the time, I believe she came in at 25-1/4 inches. PS she was pretty fat too, can't remember the girth though !

NICE! And it was a rocky?

shark on the fly would be dope and that is one massive lake white pipestone

There was an article in a Saltwater Fly Fishing mag I have about catching Mako's (think 400 lb Rainbow trout with bad ass teeth) on a fly rod. They target Mako's because they are surface fighters with lots of air. Would be awesome.