Fly Fusion Forums

I Hate The Cold

No kidding, this winter so far has had more snow then any that I can remember in recent memory. Usually Lethbridge spends weeks at a time with no site of snow in the middle of winter which then allows me to get my bike out and ride. As of this winter we have had snow on the ground since mid november and every time a chinook comes it lasts for a few days till the next cold front comes and pukes snow on us again (case in point, today). So here I sit, starting to get fat from lack of physical activity and i dont even want to ice fish as its to damn cold!. Was going ot head to the Duck Lake Derby in Montana this weekend, but -20 without windchill for tomorrow is a little to nipply for me. I am sick of this *hit already!

I make a habit of going ice fishing once every five years with my brother in law, no more, no less. Last time I checked it was 3-1 for me.

There was a line in Blue Ribbon Bow, I think, that said:

"I have a friend that goes ice fishing because he says it feels so good when he stops."

Some of us lack the bow river in our back yards. My river is ice jammed for 30-odd kilometres right now. If I couldn't icefish, I'd probably have hung myself long ago :lol:

Longest stretch I've gone without catching a trout in recent memory is 32 days :blink: Thought they were gonna put me away :ph34r:

30-odd KM is the official distance. But it's essentially backed up to the Whitemud rapids halfway to Vanderhoof, and above the Whitemud it freezes bank to bank every year anyway. So basically it's frozen to Vanderhoof and beyond, with a little baby channel open from my place to the Fraser. But the Fraser is frozen bank to bank just south of town. Right now its stopped flooding, but man alive it could be UGLY come spring. I'm a couple hundred feet over the river, so if it gets to my doorstep the whole town's underwater :lol: