Fly Fusion Forums

Golden Trout

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into it, Michelle lake = 249.00 per person Coral 349.00 per person both based on 3 person party..ANY gear you wish to pack will cost you an extra $2.00/lb :wacko: .. you get no baggage included in the fee so even your fishing/camping gear will cost you huge dollers, don't think I will be taking this trip unless the 649 hits..

For those interested in hiking, some of the lakes down south are only about 2.5 hrs in and 2 hours back. There's more than enough day light to get a full days fishing in with an early enough start.

• 1 month later...

ok, it is getting late in the season this year. goldens are my dream fish. next season i would love to do the heli trip in and see if i can spend a day or 2.

anyone willing to save change from the penny jar for a trip next season???

TimD - did you manage to get up to barnaby with the forestry closure?

I really wanted to get up to Michele this year but just haven't gotten organized. I think planning well in advance for next year is the way to go, I would be interested forsure but I think I would want to spend 3 days instead of 2 so we would get two full mornings and evenings. (I would want to do a little scrambling/hiking while up there too) I can possibly swing some kind of break on the cost - what were you thinking date wise for next year ? - would it by just yourself or would you bring someone. Sandy will want to come forsure and I can fill a third seat if need be.

I really wanted to get up to Michele this year but just haven't gotten organized. I think planning well in advance for next year is the way to go, I would be interested forsure but I think I would want to spend 3 days instead of 2 so we would get two full mornings and evenings. (I would want to do a little scrambling/hiking while up there too) I can possibly swing some kind of break on the cost - what were you thinking date wise for next year ? - would it by just yourself or would you bring someone. Sandy will want to come forsure and I can fill a third seat if need be.

since i am currently single, i can't foresee anyone in particular that i would bring, but i'm sure i could wrangle someone up if need be. not like i don't know a enough people.

i will have to see if i can swing 3 days. problem being is that i am taking a full month off to travel and will have used up my vacation time. a long weekend would work. i guess i have to check the regs for opening and closure dates.

Careful with that helicopter co, they've crashed 3 machines in 18 months now. One on a glacier, one in the Ram 4 weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago into Abraham Lake - sending a couple from France swimming for shore. Thankfully they haven't killed anyone, but they're coming close. Too many issues with the company, steer clear!

Careful with that helicopter co, they've crashed 3 machines in 18 months now. One on a glacier, one in the Ram 4 weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago into Abraham Lake - sending a couple from France swimming for shore. Thankfully they haven't killed anyone, but they're coming close. Too many issues with the company, steer clear!

could you PM me with the name. i'm sure there are a few out there that will do it.