Fly Fusion Forums

New Wiring Harness And Lights On Closed Tube Boat Trailer

Howdy Guys. Have to replace the harness and lights on my boat trailer but it is closed tube with small feeder holes for wire. I want the wires inside rather than clipping on, but this is not going to be easy. I know you should use the old wire to feed the new wire, but do not expect it to be an easy feed. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated. Also what is the best type of crimp wire connector. Checking out you tube. Paul

Solder and heat shrink all the connections. Use the heat shrink called " dual wall" (it has a heat activated sealer in it) and you'll never have any problems down the road.

• Like 2

Solder and heat shrink all the connections. Use the heat shrink called " dual wall" (it has a heat activated sealer in it) and you'll never have any problems down the road.

Great advice above. Go to a good electronics shop to buy your material and get good advice on solder and flux, never acid core. If you don't currently own a soldering tool get a pencil style rather than a gun. 100.00 will get you one that will last the rest of your life.

Watch a few you tubes on soldering as its a great skill to have. Don't melt the solder, let the solder flow to the heat.

• Like 1