Fly Fusion Forums

Lower K-big Cutty

esleech

So I hit the Lower K this morning. Started chucking streamers for the bulls, and probably fished for about an hour with no hits. Changed up to a little nameless fly I tied up last night, and on the first strip of the first cast it got hammered. This fish didn't even take me into my backing though. Lots of headshakes and rolls on the surface...should have heard me talking to myself when I saw it was a cutty. Anyways, a personal best for me. Net is 20 inches across, so I would give a conservative estimate of 23 inches or so on the fish. I fished for a bit more after that, with nothing, but my day was made none the less.

pics147.jpg

pics149.jpg

Thanks guys. LK that is the easiest thing to tie in the world. Takes about 3 minutes. Thread based body. Marabou tail tied in first, mylar tubing tied down over top, dumbell eye, pick out mylar...presto. I was trying to imitate those yellow suckers with the black lateral line I see in there. Thanks again guys.

wicked fish man I have been waiting to see another big cutty from the lower lake. That fly looks killer for the k lakes as well nice tie. Man I like the k lakes....... gonna have to go cold turkey though I have neglected my other early season favorites enough already....... might be tougher to quit then cigarettes though........

Nice cuttie!

MissinTheBow and I fished it yesterday. I hooked a fish on the forth cast from my Pontoon on a big honking Bull Trout streamer. Saw the fish come up and put the streamer in the area 4 times before he picked it up. Felt like a pretty nice fish, lost him because I'm a moron (I let the line get a little slack in my zeal to get him on the reel). That was the day for me. MissinTheBow hooked a few with a couple of bust offs and one other lost fish. Frustrating day, but we certainly should have landed some. Saw lots of fish, including one awesome bull that followed MTBs streamer to the bank. He was massive!