Fly Fusion Forums

Winston Fly Rod Company Warranty

I just wanted to say that im really impressed with their service.

Broke two of my main rods, sent it in and within 2 weeks I had the fixed rods delivered to my door.

When I broke my sage it took over a month to get it back

So if you are in the market for a new rod. I recommend Winston.

• Like 2

Warranty service delays could have something to do with the fact that that one rod company sells a least 3 times the fly rods that the other one does. That said, I 've liked every Winston I've ever cast, afraid I can't say the same for Sage

• Like 1

Good to know. Now here's hopin' I never have to use the warranty on mine. So long as I don't let my near-teenage son touch it, I think I stand a better chance. He is a little hard on rods (not Winstons), having lost a couple sections of one and a broken tip on another in the past couple months.

• 2 weeks later...

If I lived in Twin Bridges MT I could saunter over to Winston (I assume there are no ferries) and probably get my rod replaced and if my uncle was a woman she would be my aunt!!

It definitely would be convenient to live near manufacturers. I guess having a TFO distributor here is as close as we can get.

• Like 1

Heading to MT on the 5th. I can send it from there for $7 (USPS) as opposed to $30 (CP) here.

Let me know.

P

Well, I just broke the butt section of my sage one.. Let's see how long it takes and how much dough it'll be.

Sage warranty claim cost is $75.00 USD, FT charges a flat $100 CDN to cover, a direct result of the exchange rate.

I have learned that the factor of how much I love a rod, will automatically raise the chances of it being broken.