Fly Fusion Forums

Blue Jays

Tulo for Reyes was a awesome trade, the jays are better team offensively and defensively because of it.

Love that they picked up Price but wish they wouldn't have give up Norris for a rental player as Price will be gone to the highest bidder next year..

All we need is for the bullpen to step up and stop giving away games in the late innings.

It's great to see Roger's spend a little money and make a big push for the playoffs, I think the fans are finally getting what they have hoped for for way to long.

• 2 weeks later...

So, since the Tulo trade, the Jays are 11-1, 11-0 with Tulo in the line up. Then they acquired a full on Ace in Price to get them a nice solid starter to round out the rotation. Price was virtually unhittable in his two starts as a Jay and they handed the Yankees their first back to back shutouts since 1999, while sweeping their three game series over the weekend. They lead the Jays by a mere 1.5 games now, after having an 8 game lead before the Tulo trade.

I am still cautiously optimistic with this bunch, but the pieces are certainly there to make a long run deep into the playoffs this year.

Would be nice to finally get back to October baseball as we haven't seen it north of the border since 1993.

• Like 1

I'm really excited, but I think it is imperative that the Blue Jays win the division. I don't think you want to go into the play-in game (probably against the Angels). One-offs can go any which way. I like the Blue Jays in a best of 5, but in a single elimination anything can happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

22 years in the making. They are FINALLY back to the playoffs!

Done in fine fashion too! By not only clinching the AL East, but by whomping the Orioles 15-2 to do it!

Now they just have to lock up the AL top record, and then have home field for the duration of the playoffs!

Bring it boys!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like I'm alone here, but I'm hoping for anyone but the Jays or Dodgers..

I prefer the type of guy who hits a game finishing 3 run homer, doesn't stare down the pitcher, doesn't flip his bat 10 feet in the air, and gets on his horse and runs around the bags. ie. Morales last night (http://m.mlb.com/video/v523220783/must-c-crushed-morales-pads-lead-with-mammoth-shot/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU)

To the rogers centre fans, this isn't hockey.. You're at a baseball game to drink your beer, not throw it at babies! Even your team was asking you to stop!

At least only 8 out of every 10 people I talk to in Calgary say "Baseball sucks" instead of the usual 9 out of 10 :glare:

I agree with Chrome on this one.

I like to see passion in the game. Not just baseball, but any sport for that matter. What's the point of doing it, if you don't love it.

I know many guys who hoot an holler when they get a fish on, because it's exciting, it's fun, so why not show it!

• Like 1

Some see it it passion, others see it as bush league arrogance.

Just like when Fleury scored on the Messier turnover in game 6 years ago, and slid on his knees halfway down Rexall. Passionate, or bush league arrogance? Oh, fun fact; Tikkanen scored 3 in game 7 at the Saddledome to win the series.

I was fine with with the bat flip; anyone who has a problem with it clearly doesn't "get" the tension, the drama, and the high running emotions of a 53 minute inning.

Oh, and I think the baseball Gods were fine with it; why else would have there have been a staggering 3 consecutive errors by Ranger fielders?

:)

Just like when Fleury scored on the Messier turnover in game 6 years ago, and slid on his knees halfway down Rexall. Passionate, or bush league arrogance? Oh, fun fact; Tikkanen scored 3 in game 7 at the Saddledome to win the series.

I was fine with with the bat flip; anyone who has a problem with it clearly doesn't "get" the tension, the drama, and the high running emotions of a 53 minute inning.

Oh, and I think the baseball Gods were fine with it; why else would have there have been a staggering 3 consecutive errors by Ranger fielders?

:)

Ya I'm talkin' baseball, not hockey :)

Rangers lost that game, Jays didn't win it

Edit: and thanks for assuming I don't "get" baseball