Fly Fusion Forums

Blue Jays

I had my fishing gear in the trunk of my car yesterday.

Was thinking about hitting the Bow when I got off work at 3pm.

Drove to the river, listened to the game on the way.

Decided to go home & watch the game instead.

Sure glad I did.

It was epic in so many ways.

Even the idiot "fans" couldn't ruin it...

Not about "not getting baseball", its about not getting the whole "epicness" of that inning. Emotions ran high, simple as that. I can't know for certain, but I'm willing to bet all the change in my pocket against anyone else's that that inning was one of the most emotional innings of baseball ever played in the MLB, in terms of pendulum swings. I would not expect those players from either sides to react like pulse-less zombies.

Oh, and I call BS on the Rangers. I'm sure if the positions were reversed, one of their batters / players would have celebrated...exuberantly.

• Like 1

I mostly gave up on baseball about 2 player strikes ago ($5mm a year to hit .227?!?!) but will watch playoffs. In July that bat flip is bush league. In Oct, bottom of 7th of deciding 5th game in a wild inning, upper deck homer - that's just pure emotion. Gotta like Jose's reply to the reporter whether he had any comment about what Dyson said after the game - casual "No."

It's the fans who were bush league not Jose.

• Like 3

Whatever, I think it's bush league, you guys think it's awesome. Go Royals in the ALCS, and if they don't do it, then go (insert NLCS champ here) in the world series.

Problem with rooting for KC is they celebrate probably more than any other team. That's why they were constantly getting under teams skins this year.

I'm not a giant fan of the stare down, even if it was brief. Bautista had shown more than a bit of anger about the calls and I think some of that burst out when he hit the homer. Overall though, much ado about nothing. I thought the Rangers pitcher should have kept his mouth shut, but there is a bit of emotion there as well.

• Like 1