Fly Fusion Forums

Truck Break Ins At Sibbald

Went out to Sibbald Pond tonight and what started out as being a nice evening ended up a disaster instead. Left home with my pontoon and made it out through the crazy weekend travellers with only a few curses. Once I pulled into the parking and it was empty, strange for a weekend evening but oh well, some nice quiet fishing. Got all my stuff ready and locked up my camera backpack in the cab and wheeled down to the water. I couldn't believe it, the water level was down probably 4 or 5 feet and there was no surface action at all, uh oh. I thought I'd give it a quick try just in case. After about a half hour, I heard a vehicle come ripping into the parking lot and stop, never thought much of it and kept fishing. Then they spun around again, and flew out of there at a hundred miles an hour. I thought that was strange but I never thought much of it for a few minutes and then I remembered the back pack, F*#k! I paddled to shore as fast as I could and ran up to the truck and almost puked when I saw all glass laying on the ground by the driver's side, sure enough the bastards got all my camera gear but nothing else that I've noticed so far. The really nailed a brand new Dodge 1500 beside me that a couple had pulled up in and took off for a bike ride.

I loaded up as fast as I could and swept the seat off for the ride home.

A young couple showed up just before I pulled out and said they had come from Sibbald Meadows and hadn't seen anyone that way.

I got on the highway and they have a watercraft checkstop open at the weigh scale, I thought I'd better pull in and see if a pontoon had to be checked. After a ten minute wait I find out that it does and she starts to look it over. I finally get back on the road and get home and unload my boat and make the call to the RCMP in Cochrane and now I'm just killing time typing this little rant, waiting to hear back from them to find out what to do next.

So if anyone noticed a silver and black Honda Element suv ripping north on the Sibbald Highway, they were the ass holes with my camera. Also if anyone notices a Sony A65 camera, Sony 18-250 and Sony 50mm 1.8 lens, and a ton of filters and a grey Kata backpack for sale on kijiji in the next few weeks please let me know.

Thanks,

Cody

Shiiiittty deal,the bass turds!!

Brazen indeed with you fishing within view!

It wasn't that many years ago that my best bud and I when huntn/fishn always left the keys in ignition in case somebody in trouble needed the truck worse than we did....NOT anymore.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, they definitely had some balls for doing it like they did in the daytime. Luckily Redbeard, I had just dumped all the pictures Saturday night after shooting the fireworks at the Stampede. Jayhad, usually I either bring it with me on the boat or lock it under the tonneau cover but I didn't expect to be too long so I figured it would be safe for an hour or two only a hundred meters away, that won't be happening again. Still waiting to hear back from the RCMP with a claim number so I can start up the insurance claim.

I tried to remember everything that was in the pack and made up a list, to replace everything it will be just under $2900 plus a window.

Thats super sucky man :( the Bastards probably sit in the woods and wait for people to get in the water, at that point theres nothing you can do :(

If I where 20 years younger I would go out there with friends and set up a sting, drop some people off, leave them in the woods. One guy pulls up and goes in the water, the rest sit and wait…with their baseball bats!

• Like 2

At 22X/Sikome boat launch parking 3 days ago,noticed broken window glass in truck/trailer parking stalls....I thot...."shitty...somebody's truck got broken into?"

At 22x launch tonite,not 1,not 2,but 3 piles of shattered window glass in parking lot!!!

So at least 2 fresh new break-ins in 3 days?

DO NOT leave valuables in your vehicle in FCP!!

F'n pathetic!!

I was at Elbow Lake fishing this weekend. 3 minivans in a row with the passenger windows smashed. When I looked at the ground I noticed the parking lot is covered with window glass from repeated thefts. Makes you not even want to go anywhere - so sad......

Apperantly my buddy got his window smashed out below graves bridge at glenmore this week no wonder everybody's driveing there vehicals onto the shore if I see some body do that there is going to a smash.in somebodys face.Nothings safe anymore it's time to take a stand against these punks im all in.

Organized and know what they are doing.the wife was just on Facebook and seen her freinds mom got her window smashed in and then they poped the trunk and stole her purse while she was takeing a dip in the old bow.Im thinking everytime I drive by a hotspot area im going to start doing a looser loop around the parking lot.Im scared to take the truck fishing now maybe I'll put signs on the windows. Anything of any value has been removed sorry for any crack that I will not buy you tonight try getting a job.thanks

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure these guys knew what they were doing, they didn't waste any time on little stuff like the loose change or sunglasses, they didn't even open the center console. They just took the backpack and left so they knew what to look for.

Still waiting for a call from the Cochrane RCMP about it, not much they can do anyways I guess. It's with my insurance company now and I'm waiting to see what they come back with for replacement value.

Every time I see one of those crappy little Honda Elements driving on the road now I wonder if they're the p@#$ks with my stuff. :curse:

• Like 1

Have a backpack with an explosive device that can be remotely detonated when the assholes take it. See who shows up at the emergency dept with unexplainable injuries...Or even a backpack looking like it's full of valuables with a note inside saying "Sucker. We caught you on cam, you're in big *hit!"