Fly Fusion Forums

Stony Trail - 22X

Yes. Open all the way.

What you need to do, if you're getting on in the north is to follow the road all the way south. Be sure to steer clear of the right lane as you get to 22x and be sure to follow the signs. The lanes bugger off in all different directions around 22x/Deerfoot, so you can easily find yourself going the wrong way in a hurry. And, if you're like all other drivers in Calgary, then you'll likely try to peel over at the last second, cut off several vehicles in the process and cause a major accident and basically screw up traffic for hours. The bright side is that you may hold up some other fishermen from coming down and low holing you because they are stuck in traffic. So maybe go for it.

I hope that this is enough detailed information for you. I wouldn't want BigFoamy come after me for not being helpful in your time of need.

Cheers and happy travels.

• Like 1

Hi Paul

Took the boat out on the weekend and it ran great! There was only one parked vehicle with a trailer and myself down at Johnsons. Never did see the boat of whoever was floating. Water clarity was improving and was fishable, however, I chose to concentrate on the ride and chose not to fish. Water was still high but looked to be receding. No risers, lots of caddis, and some small tricos. River looks good and will look forward to concentrating on some fishing next time! Cheers!

Ralph