Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Rod Warranties

I am the Wreck-It Ralph of fly rods. In the last season alone I have broken three rods due to how strong (stupid) I am.

I'll give a brief recap of my warranty experiences thus far:

Sage -

The folks at Sage are great. The product is exceptional and the customer service is great. The only downside is the turnaround time for getting your rod back. I sent off a rod in September last year and didn't see it back until after December. I sent a rod again to them in February of this year and didn't get it back until late April. Both times they apologized for the delays and waved the repair fee both times. Again, the warranty and customer service is great, you just need to be prepared to wait a little.

TFO -

I snapped my 8' 4 weight yesterday. A gust of wind came up while I was loading it into my car and cracked it right in half. I brought the rod over to the TFO warehouse just off Blackfoot and I walked out of there 5 minutes later with a new tip section. It costed my $30, but I had a fully functional rod again within 24 hours.

Now I know the obvious solution for me is to use my tubes more and be a bit more gentle with my gear. Until a time comes that I become less stupid, I will continue to pay a little bit more for gear that offers a lifetime warranty. I prefer Sage from a product standpoint, but the convenience and customer service by TFO certainly has perks.

I haven't tried any of the other big companies, but I'm sure there are some other great warranty programs out there.

I have had no issues with any of the rods that I have broken over the years.

Broke my old Sage Launch tip and had it replaced in a reasonable time through Fish Tales.

Orivs sections that have broken I dealt with Country Pleasures on, but have since just dealt with Orvis directly and the service has been amazing!

The only rod that I haven't broken are my TFO rods (knock on wood), but I am comforted in knowing that I can just drive to their warehouse in town and have it replaced immediately.

Reddington, for the record, has been amazing to deal with on warranty for my waders. I have nothing but positive things to say about them.

Broke the tip of my Loop Opti Stream last year, (only rod I ever broke) The Loop service was outstanding from Troutfitters, I had my replacement section back and on the water in a couple of weeks. Great customer service. Its nice to have companies stand behind their products.

• Like 1

Anyone delt with snowbee? Have one of their rods that I barely used, snapped the tip, only rod I managed to break so far. However I am not sure how to deal with their warranty, and who to ask for help as I don't want to ship overseas. The shop I bought it from has been closed.

Anyone delt with snowbee? Have one of their rods that I barely used, snapped the tip, only rod I managed to break so far. However I am not sure how to deal with their warranty, and who to ask for help as I don't want to ship overseas. The shop I bought it from has been closed.

Contact CDone (Colin Done) on the board. I think he can help you there. Snowbee rep, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

I've broke several over the last 3 seasons,Orvis, Scott, Sage & finally my Hardy Angel 8 wt.

Not sure what I'll do if I break another Hardy , 2 month wait for it to go to UK & back & $300 for the rod section.

I've got 4 Angels & not great that the lifetime warranty is so expensive.

The rods actually made in Allnwick England factory instead of overseas you really get hammered for repairs .

Contact the Nile Creek Fly Shop (250 757 2095) ask for Courtney, he should be able to help you out, what rod was it? Best case scenario is they send you a new section and you give me the broken one to send back to the shop. Hopefully it is a rod they have in stock.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Broke the tip of my Loop Opti Stream last year, (only rod I ever broke) The Loop service was outstanding from Troutfitters, I had my replacement section back and on the water in a couple of weeks. Great customer service. Its nice to have companies stand behind their products.

Ill 2nd that! The fellas at Loop, pro staff and Troutfitters sure make it fun to break a rod! I wont buy anything else!

Can't say enough good about the guys at Beulah,they've treated me very well.

Great customer service,small company,you actually talk to the owners when you call,and they care about happy customers.Fast turnaround time,great product....all good.

In fact,I'm not even at liberty to say on a public forum how good they were to me,they're concerned they'd be bankrupt if the word got out how generous they can be,lol......true story.