Fly Fusion Forums

Went out to my favorite spot to fish a few weeks back, fishing slow, pack to go home, go to place rod in it's sock and the last three inches of my rod breaks off. Find Sage warranty page and ship it to the States. Ask how long for repair as I have a trip booked to the mighty 'Mo within 3 weeks. Sage regrets that my rod is not repairable and they have to build a new rod for me. I ask if it will be back in time for us to leave. They respond that they will try and if it isn't finished, they will ship me a loner! Anyway, they finished building a new rod for me and it's in town for delivery today!

Great customer service and excellent response via email.

Very happy with their service.

THANKS SAGE!

FHD

• Like 3

That's awesome! When I broke my sage it took about 5 months to get it back. They had to build me a whole new rod as well. Your lucky!

The warrenties rod companies offer are pretty crazy. You pay a premium up front, but I have always got my money's worth out of the program.

Not only that but on the Sage page, they advise to ask local dealers to assist with shipping as this may speed up the process. I went to Wholesale and was told that they don't do returns but the last Sage I had broken, they did return it for me. It was explained to me that it takes "too much time" to assist customers in these situations and that "You may have trouble because that rod is too old and I doubt they can fix it for you". Turns out that they still have DS II blanks and as I said, they made me a new rod. I guess it's worth checking before you accept advice from some of the "knowledgeable employees" that you should expect if they represent a current product line.

FHD

I quit using sage products due to how long you got to wait till you get your rod back. like 4-6months? Thats our whole fishing season right there, you can't tell me that it takes that long to build a new rod when you know theres more laying around. I went to orvis and the live chat customer service is top notch not to mention it only takes 3 weeks to get your stuff back.

• Like 1

I quit using sage products due to how long you got to wait till you get your rod back. like 4-6months? Thats our whole fishing season right there, you can't tell me that it takes that long to build a new rod when you know theres more laying around. I went to orvis and the live chat customer service is top notch not to mention it only takes 3 weeks to get your stuff back.

Never had a rod take 4-6 months.

Maximum wait i've had is a month. I've broken... a ton.

• Like 2

Sage has been really good to me. Last year I snapped the butt section of my rod in half trying to wrestle a lily pad. I sent it off for repairs and they had a few logistical areas with the shipping, so they paid for my shipping and didn't charge me for the warranty. I got the rod back and the first time I set it up the tip snapped off. I sent it off to Sage again and they told me not to worry about paying for anything.

I'm happy to spend a bit more on my rod if it means I'll get continued warranty service like this.

I broke my sage rod tip while drifting. brought it into fishtales and they sent it out for me. roughly 2 months later it was ready at fishtales to pick up. of course I had to pay the 50 dollars.

I lost the tip of my Winston rod, sent it in paid 175 usd and got it back within about 2.5 weeks

Was in Belize and broke one of my salt rods and phoned Sage and they told me no dealers down there. They sent a loaner down via fed ex that took three days. I don't think I can afford low priced poorly serviced rods.

I was pretty happy when I broke my TFO a few years ago. Walk in, at that time it was $20, walk out with a new section. That was great only because I live in Calgary. I have known a few people that have had great customer service from Sage as well. It kind of makes me want to invest in a Sage. Right now I have the TFO, a Greys, and an old fiberglass Fenwick. Now that the boy wants to fish it might just be time to upgrade myself.

• 11 months later...

Sage warranties- Very happy with their service, sent rods back on my own as I was advised by a local shop that they wait until they have a #s of rods to send before they ship. Cost is more but not ridiculous, sent tracked shipping via Canada post .... mentioned I needed if possible the one rod for a salt trip in late May the other whenever, older XP I had forgotten about...IMAO.... received the salt back within two weeks of sending and the other arrived today which had to be built because of the age... less than a month total.... well worth the price as they were useless broken and one was a self induced cluster ?%#@ so not the rods fault.... as if it ever is .... might have to sell off a few RPLs and get some of the latest models...... hold it I was getting silly for a second!

• Like 1