Fly Fusion Forums

2015 Regulations Are Out

You can also view the regulations online if you don't want to download the pdf. http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/

Thanks. Thought that was still the 2014 version yesterday, but it is definitely the 2015 ones there too... showing the new zero pike limits for some of our waters down here.

Don't forget, your Albert Fishing Licenses run out this month too.

You can purchase them online (easiest) here: http://www.albertarelm.com/

When I looked last night at RELM, I didn't see an option to buy the 2015 license yet, but maybe it is there and I just missed it. I'm going to be on a family holiday from April 1-12, so won't need mine til after then anyway. Maybe I'll have my housesitter do it while I'm away so it is here waiting for me in case I want to toss a line late in the day on the 12th ;) Wonder how much of an impact the online option has had on retailers sales of licenses? I'm sure it wasn't a big money maker for them anyway, but bet they've lost some sales of other stuff by virtue of people not walking through their proverbial brick & mortar doors to get the license. Guilty as charged, as I got mine online last year, and will probably do so again this year.

Yup, many of the old time fisherman down south are not impressed with the pike changes (not impressed is an understatement). Got to admit the consultation (what consultation?) was very poor but changes were a long time in coming. Nothing else too surprising this year otherwise. I'm tying up a few leaches for tomorrow. Ice off is 8 days earlier than last spring so got to get some more use out of the old license before it expires ha ha.

Yup, many of the old time fisherman down south are not impressed with the pike changes (not impressed is an understatement). Got to admit the consultation (what consultation?) was very poor but changes were a long time in coming. Nothing else too surprising this year otherwise. I'm tying up a few leaches for tomorrow. Ice off is 8 days earlier than last spring so got to get some more use out of the old license before it expires ha ha.

I suspect the vast majority of these old timers are out to take their limits and go home. As a catch and release fishermen through and through I'm really pleased to see the changes...but I know my views aren't indicative of the harvesting crowd.

I spent most of my time as a kid fishing at Keho. The majority of anglers followed the rules, but you'd always see the Hutterites come out and keep nearly everything they landed. Report a Poacher here we go.

• Like 1

The Hutterites on a very sensitive watershed I fish are true protectors of the fishery. They follow the regulations work with fish and game and quiz fishermen to make sure they know the regulations. Just thought id mention it to make sure we don't paint everyone with the same brush.

The Hutterites on a very sensitive watershed I fish are true protectors of the fishery. They follow the regulations work with fish and game and quiz fishermen to make sure they know the regulations. Just thought id mention it to make sure we don't paint everyone with the same brush.

Totally fair statement. I'm referring to groups that I've seen first hand, and that clearly can't be applied to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...