Fly Fusion Forums

Contest Ideas?

All this talk about ass and boobs has left me a bit breathless. I have an idea brewing about ass, boobs and a photo contest? I am getting a new Olympus waterproof camera and the possibilities are fairly limitless. Oops, wrong forum for that one....

MTB, I've seen you in action and my ass is better than yours! Maybe my boobs as well.

Seriously, I like the multi-species contest. It would allow many of us to fish for species we may not typically target. I am a champ at catching suckers on the crow.

For you nymph clinic grads out there, how about we put together a little contest ourselves. PM me if you are interested. If I get enough responses, I will start a post and try to come up with some rules.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How 'bout best fish caught on least likely fly - like something that shouldn't normally work. Or we just all get together & judge the boobs & butt contest. Which I will of course enter, & if not win, then certainly place or show. Back to the first idea, for example, we could all have to purchase the Red Wolf multi-pack of rediculously crappy flies at Canadian Tire & actually fish them - best fish wins. We certainly can't have a Bow contest, as Toolman or Max will get my prize. (Sorry SJW). Besides, if I have a chance at winning I either have to have better boobs than Lynn or a better butt than Troutbabe, both of which I at least have a chance at..........(grin).

MTB, I've seen you in action and my ass is better than yours!

I though I saw you checking it out a few times....It kept getting hot.

I like the idea of the fish on the most unlikely fly idea. I will throw an idea in to go along with it.

A fly pattern could be voted on to be used and everyone in the contest would then use this one "Unlikely" fly on any of the chosen waters to make it fair for people not in Calgary.

The first person to catch a fish on the fly wins.

Maybe make it one of those beautiful flies from Canadian Tire or Walmart.

It would take some creativity to get a fish to take it I'd say.

You'd have to make a minimum size I would think as well. Sooner or later some little spring born is going to taste it.

Combined inches of your one biggest brown and one biggest 'bow, documented with photos, and a poll to pick the winner, just so Toolman and Max don't have to wade around with metre-sticks all summer. :P Russells is having a 2007 fishing derby, enter any time, ends Sept. 30, you enter 2 pics of a fish, one with you and one with a tape measure, and you can enter one fish for each species of Alberta sportfish. Adult division is fly tackle only in public waters. Best of all, it's free.

Russells is having a 2007 fishing derby, enter any time, ends Sept. 30, you enter 2 pics of a fish, one with you and one with a tape measure, and you can enter one fish for each species of Alberta sportfish. Adult division is fly tackle only in public waters. Best of all, it's free.

My little brownie is in that contest!! :lol:

CIMG0713.jpg

Actually I do like the idea of having to tags species throughout the season. Alberta has a pretty diverse selection of species to be had on the fly.

Golden Trout

Brook Trout

Arctic Grayling

Yellow Perch

Lake White Fish

Rocky Mountain Whitefish

Moon Eye

Gold Eye

Cutthroat

Brown trout

Bull Trout

Sauger

Walleye

Northern Pike

Burbot

Lake Trout

Lake Sturgeon

Stonecat

Bonus marks for any sucker species and minnow species (must identify).

18 Species - You would need to do a lot of traveling to get the entire range, but it would be exiting to see.

What about a contest Who can take the most people from this board out fishing. Great way to put a face to many of the names here on the board. Also to spread some good on the water tricks. Easy to judge just make everyone take a pic together and then post it. Let it go till the end of september and tally up the score. Maybe add extra points for fish caught during the trip.

What about a contest Who can take the most people from this board out fishing. Great way to put a face to many of the names here on the board. Also to spread some good on the water tricks. Easy to judge just make everyone take a pic together and then post it. Let it go till the end of september and tally up the score. Maybe add extra points for fish caught during the trip.

That's a good one...everyone gets somthing out of it.

perhaps..extra points for, picture of both with trout over 25"...different fish for water...(ex. Laker,Brookie on the Bow).....

Also thought of something else get ppl who are not on this board out fishing and get them to join maybe some extra points as well.

1 point for getting out with board member

2 point for 1 fish over 20"

3 point for 1 fish over 30"

1 point for 1 fish over 10"

2 point for getting someone out fishing whos not on this board and getting them to join.

5 points for a bull over 30"

-5 points for any sucker

this could all be per outing.

Also thought of something else get ppl who are not on this board out fishing and get them to join maybe some extra points as well.

1 point for getting out with board member

2 point for 1 fish over 20"

3 point for 1 fish over 30"

1 point for 1 fish over 10"

2 point for getting someone out fishing whos not on this board and getting them to join.

5 points for a bull over 30"

-5 points for any sucker

this could all be per outing.

I like it. But we're kinda drifting away from ass and boobs (man, it sure amuses me to type ass and boobs, I think I'm still 12).

Any way to incorporate experience, or lack of it (I'm talking fly fishing experience here)? Say extra points if it is the first of a species on a body of water. So say, if it is your first cuttie on the Oldman, you get a point? Or a personal best gets a point or two?

Or if you get to see someones ass or boobs.....how many points for that??? ;)

How about a contest to see who can catch a fish fly fishing with their opposite hand? For example, if you cast with your right hand, you have to cast with your left. (So we'll all look like we throw like a girl - no offense). This would CERTAINLY level the playing field, and we'd all look a lot less cool than we might think now. I already don't look very cool, so I have nothing to lose. I also have the fly-fisher farmer tan already in full swing, so attracting chicks is far from a possibility. I think my lady secretly thanks me for this each day. Oh, and we also all have to dress like Austin Powers. First one to get any fish at all wins.

At 2000 members one lucky member gets to join me in the octagon for some ultimate fighting?

So much violence. Fly fishing is the gentleman's sport....a sport of quiet, peaceful, sereneness. Nothing to do with machetes and numbchucks. :P