Fly Fusion Forums

Contest Ideas?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could do a biggest fish contest.

Being in my first year.. I know there's no way in heck that I'll catch a bigger brownie than the vets on this site, so to make it fair, maybe break us up into "divisions" based on years of experience or something like that.

What about a type of an Alberta scavenger hunt ?? give a deadline of September and the first 10 guys who complete their lists with pics goes onto the second round of best fish.

Bows

browns

Bulls

Cutts

Whitties

Goldens

Pike

Walleye

burbot

Suckers???? :lol:

What about a type of an Alberta scavenger hunt ?? give a deadline of September and the first 10 guys who complete their lists with pics goes onto the second round of best fish.

Bows

browns

Bulls

Cutts

Whitties

Goldens

Pike

Walleye

burbot

That actually sounds like alot of fun! Especially for those of us who enjoy all forms of angling.

Bows

browns

Bulls

Cutts

Whitties

Goldens

Pike

Walleye

burbot

This sounds like a good idea. Another would be for the most impressive catch. Size of fish of a certain species compared to the size of the waterbody it was taken in. Ex 28 inch bull from a stream you could jump across.

Bows

browns

Bulls

Cutts

Whitties

Goldens

Pike

Walleye

burbot

I like this one.

Cutest Butt would be totally unfair in my favor....

Picking up Cougars while wearing waders is another, and Max already has a head start.

On a serious note. How about a contest that wouldn't be swayed by experience necessarily.

An essay contest from this or last season on a fishing experience, trip, etc. with a number of words limit.

Personally, I love hearing fish stories whether they are funny or serious and I'm sure some good ones would get submitted.

Sure people might think that some would have an advantage because of natural writing ability, but it wouldn't be about grammar and spelling, it would be about content.

....or just go with the cutest butt and send me the rod and reel right now to save time.

How about you have to take a picture in full gear in an unlikely palce like downtown on 3rd ave or at the bowling alley.... with a FFC logo in hand of course. :)

lol...This would be funny. It would be like the old "Show me your CJAY" contests.

I might start now just for fun.

Or you could reverse it and see who could submit a picture of themselves in the most outrageous outfit worn while fishing in a busy public place like Southland Dog walking area.

How about who can take the nicest photograph of a fish they caught from this year. It wouldn’t be about size of fish but about quality and composition of the photograph, everyone gets one entry and there is a poll or something...

Don's idea about conservation is good too.

Guys,

While I'd really like to judge the biggest boobs contest. How about who does the most for the fishery in Alberta? Maybe with some reward, there might be an interest.

Don

Well Dad just got home and killed our fun...........

but seriously thats great idea Don.

I like the photo idea also, but since this is a fly fishing site I think it should be about fly fishing not photography. A lot of guys know zip about composition, lighting, etc, and their photo gear, if they even have it, may be far inferior to some of the getups some of the guys on this forum have. If you went the photo route, how about the most unusual picture or best series of photos? This way I think it would be more open to everyone.