Fly Fusion Forums

Directions To Mckinnons

birchy

Turn right at the little tiny sign that says Hat Doctor .. RR 274 I THINK>>>>(or go a little further and follow the signs) turn right at the big white and blue quonset and you'll end up .. .. .. .. .. not at Mckinnons

Yeah this is the way I take also. Another indicator is you pass under the large power lines/towers for the second time just before you turn south (right) on 274.

Thanks guys. Was able to find it no problem.

On another note.. 2nd time to McKinnons now and 2nd time skunked. Why does it suck so bad?

I found Mckinnon a little difficult to fish the first couple of times out mostly because I had to cast over my left shoulder, or use a reverse water load for a proper upstream cast in most places. That said, out off all the places I have fished on the Bow, Mckinnon seemed to provide the most fish. Has anyone else been having trouble catching down there recently?

Fishhead, thank-you for your words of wisdom. It has historically been a treat to read your posts. Welcome to friendlyville - if you wish to go home just click your ruby-red slippers together 3 times & say "there's no place like home, there's no place like home".

Yo Birchy, WTF have you been doing all year?? If you don't know where McKinnons is you don't know dick..The problem with this site is it is filled with the same people every day going to the same spots and pounding around.. Since FFA went away ,I have came to this site and observed a bit, participated a bit and found it largely filled with beginners...I hope that this site grows up a bit, becomes a little less concerned with being safe and politically correct and matures.. This site is a very small fish bowl filled with some very opinionated people ...I hope that you enjoy fishing the same spots every day and stay away from the good spots that the folk's who get it go to...Later...James

O grow up yourself. Don't like this site then go somewhere else smart ass.

While fishhead's post reeks of belligerance and arrogance, there is a hint of truth to what he's saying. A lot of the folks I know fish the same water all the time (not painting you with that brush though, Birchy), and wonder why they have a hard time on other places.

Good flyfishing isn't about knowing where all the fish sit in one run - it's about learning the type of water fish lie in depending on the time of year, the time of day, and the type of food that's available to them. Having said that, Harry's right - the big runs in front of the cliffs below Mac always produce well, and I've hauled a lot of really nice browns off the long grass banks from the parking lot down that way. You can also walk up and fish the island runs, or go way up above the cliffs and fish the long, bouncy run where the river makes a wide left turn. Good water in there for nymphing, dry flies, and streamers.

I can ensure you that Mackinnon's does not suck.

Fishhead, thank-you for your words of wisdom. It has historically been a treat to read your posts. Welcome to friendlyville - if you wish to go home just click your ruby-red slippers together 3 times & say "there's no place like home, there's no place like home".

:lol: Awesome, Glen!!! :lol:

Later.. beginners...I will be out tomorrow, look for me in the $24k drift/jet boat probably won't see you folk's though...I don't hang out in fish creek park as i like to try a new spot every day...

I'm starting to sense a theme in fishhead's posts- he catches more big fish, fishes more of the river, has a more expensive boat.

Classic case of OVERCOMPENSATING for some SHORTcoming or other. He may have a LITTLE problem; that doesn't mean he's

a DICK. Maybe he just needs a hug. :blink:

you guys kill me. It's like you miss all the action from the no-show thread and started to a new one to bash each other. Who needs a hug? I can feel the love. Birchy, i luv you man....Glenbow.same. Toolman, ah never mind. Mac is a nice place to fish though Birchy. Have landed some real nice ones there. Don't give up on it.

ED

haha.. I know there's fish in there.. I just have a hard time reading the water I think because it's all so big and wide. The first time I went I tried upstream.. this time I tried downstream by the bend and cliffs.. but it just wasn't my day. After Thursday night.. I should've expected that!

Rickr.. were you at Mac today?? Saw someone that I thought looked like you..

haha.. I know there's fish in there.. I just have a hard time reading the water I think because it's all so big and wide. The first time I went I tried upstream.. this time I tried downstream by the bend and cliffs.. but it just wasn't my day. After Thursday night.. I should've expected that!

Rickr.. were you at Mac today?? Saw someone that I thought looked like you..

Wasn't me, I stole FH's 24K jet boat and was blowing through peoples runs south of Carseland looking for giant rainbows.

He must have been one good lookin' dude! Did he have a pretty yellow rod?

Actually I was down south in a tiny creek. Didn't see a soul, it was great.