Fly Fusion Forums

This Season

Jayhad

Well, I'm in BC and after 40mm of rain in the last 2 days rivers are ripping. I've managed to roach a wifi signal so I decided to drop some pics of this season that coincide with some great days. I really fished the Bow a lot this season, having a new drifter that is so easy to work with made not driving for trout easy this season. I gave a way a few free drifts to FFC members and those days were perhaps the most enjoyable of all, each time i felt I was repayed in knowledge, new freindships and in the case of FNG.... beer, lots and lots o' beer.

Here are some pics, hope you enjoy. Those of you that drifted with me this season are welcome again next and if I'm not to busy I hope some of the other FFC members will jump aboard this coming season. We'll have a sweet drift, see some bikinis, laugh, eat well and maybe stumble upon a bruin or two.

IMGP1126.jpg

IMGP1120.jpg

IMGP1117.jpg

IMGP1102.jpg

IMGP1089.jpg

Through Hail in the summer , Rain and more Hail that day ! I have to say ......I think that was the most fun Ive had in a while , what a day!! Darren's sniping of Browns was awesome! Lunch on the river ( cafe style) , brews and a golden sun , on a beautiful bluebird ( at first ) day , swimming for Rainbows....sure is the life I have to lead in a metropolitan like this....God Bless the Bow !

Thanks Jay !

Nice shots. I especially like the powerbait fly in pic #2. <--poke--<

when the trout are chasing salmon, ramming into their bellys making the salmon drop eggs that's matching the hatch. Pretty accepted practice on those river systems

Jeff you probably do know exactly where that is, there were no cutties in late july when we went up there. the log jam is still there It was full of 18 - 26 bullies, I'm surprised at how healthy that system is..... i guided a guy up there this season and he got a 18" brown.... blew me away

when the trout are chasing salmon, ramming into their bellys making the salmon drop eggs that's matching the hatch. Pretty accepted practice on those river systems

Jeff you probably do know exactly where that is, there were no cutties in late july when we went up there. the log jam is still there It was full of 18 - 26 bullies, I'm surprised at how healthy that system is..... i guided a guy up there this season and he got a 18" brown.... blew me away

I've only seen a couple cutts in that branch, mostly further upstream (lots of grizzlies up there). Bulls there are fun as most will rise to a dry. I think that little canyon/gorge area may be a spawining area for the bulls - perfect sized gravel and good flows year round. Checked some of my pics and it is the same place for sure (just an awsome spot fish or no fish).

Never caught a brown up there but last year caught a couple rainbows - wonder where they came from?

Jeff i have seen cutties in the other branches as well. The first time I fished that water I got in there as the sun was setting. I saw some fish rising so i chucked a stimmy out and I got a bully after 3 more casts with 3 more bullies on the stimmy I was pretty satisfied. Gary, who is in one of those pics pretty much fished the bullies with drys and he took double digits. Several K's down another little crik comes in and there i've seen some monsters. if i didn't know better the way they were coloured I would swear they are artics, they are deep dark red with little to no spots. I talked to some SRD staff with pics and GPS coordinates they told me they are a very different and distinct bullies and they were very surprised I've hiked in there.

Holy are there ever some bears up there and i saw a bizzilion cat tracks. Next season we should walk some of that, but after you come down for your drift.

Through Hail in the summer , Rain and more Hail that day ! I have to say ......I think that was the most fun Ive had in a while , what a day!! Darren's sniping of Browns was awesome! Lunch on the river ( cafe style) , brews and a golden sun , on a beautiful bluebird ( at first ) day , swimming for Rainbows....sure is the life I have to lead in a metropolitan like this....God Bless the Bow !

Thanks Jay !

THanks me???? that was the funniest drift ever period. anytime man

Thanks Jay !

I loved that pictured of you with your 'bow there jonny. Right after you dove in after it after you dropped it the first time LOL

Was a great day, and God willing, we'll do it again next year!