Fly Fusion Forums

Bow Hunting For Elk

Hey guys,

I've been practising up with the bow, and getting excited to call to some bulls in Sept. I was wonderring if anyone was interested in hitting the foothills for some Elk hunting? Please let me know, love to team up with someone, and try to get out and bring home some sweet elk meat.

Adam

Hey guys,

I've been practising up with the bow, and getting excited to call to some bulls in Sept. I was wonderring if anyone was interested in hitting the foothills for some Elk hunting? Please let me know, love to team up with someone, and try to get out and bring home some sweet elk meat.

Adam

I've been saving up to get a bow and start hunting to fill in the gap between summer fishing and ice fishing. If I do manage to get a bow sorted out, I'd love to team up too unless you're looking for someone experienced. I've only gone out on one walk and stalk so far so I'm still a beginner. It's a little late to get my gun licence sorted out for this year so I'll hopefully start out learning how to hunt with the bow which everyone tells me is much harder....

Will

I've been saving up to get a bow and start hunting to fill in the gap between summer fishing and ice fishing. If I do manage to get a bow sorted out, I'd love to team up too unless you're looking for someone experienced. I've only gone out on one walk and stalk so far so I'm still a beginner. It's a little late to get my gun licence sorted out for this year so I'll hopefully start out learning how to hunt with the bow which everyone tells me is much harder....

Will

Hey Will

give me a write if ya get a bow sorted out. The season in many areas is 8-16 Sept, so it's coming

soon. I'm going into one area end of aug too. It's a lotta fun, and love to have ya join me.

Adam

• 3 months later...
So Adam did find any of these

morningelk006.jpg

I didn't fling any arrows this year, my pointer says we have to hunt birds in the early season. Did manage to collect some fur for caddis flies though

SplitG2s009.jpg

Hi

great pic man!

got in some great deer hunting, took 2.

Missed a few mulies in bow season, was calling in a bull moose, and stalked another, saw wolves

griz, coyotes, and elk (the elk were just outside of my hunt area on pr land, it was tooth wrenching)

Even got grouse with the bow

It was a great season :)

What size elk did ya get man?

AC

Both my buddies got elk ( 4x5 and 5x5) opening week, and I shared in the meat. Last week I let a 5X5 walk by as I didn't need that much meat. A few hours later I was blessed with the whitetail and a mule doe this week. First load of jerky is done!

Sounds like you had a great season with tons of wildlife experiences. I've never bow hunted for moose...maybe next year (Priority 6). I haven't bow hunted for elk for a while. Calling in a mad, screaming bull is such a rush...need to do that again soon. I just picked up a new target this afternoon to shoot pointy sticks into...you've inspired me.

Off for one last pheasant hunt with the dog tomorrow. I think she might sabotage my bow before next fall.

Both my buddies got elk ( 4x5 and 5x5) opening week, and I shared in the meat. Last week I let a 5X5 walk by as I didn't need that much meat. A few hours later I was blessed with the whitetail and a mule doe this week. First load of jerky is done!

Sounds like you had a great season with tons of wildlife experiences. I've never bow hunted for moose...maybe next year (Priority 6). I haven't bow hunted for elk for a while. Calling in a mad, screaming bull is such a rush...need to do that again soon. I just picked up a new target this afternoon to shoot pointy sticks into...you've inspired me.

Off for one last pheasant hunt with the dog tomorrow. I think she might sabotage my bow before next fall.

great pic of the deer! That's a beauty!

Let me know if ya need another for some archery elk next season. if not

best of luck pheasant hunting man it was great hearing from ya.

Adam