Fly Fusion Forums

Sunday Spey Gathering

toolman

We'll be hitting the Bow again this Sunday afternoon, April 10, to play with the Spey/Switch rods/lines. We'll be on river left (east side), across from the Fish Creek Boat Launch, starting around 1:00pm. (just upstream of 22x bridge)

These informal Spey gatherings are a lot of fun and a great opportunity to try lots of different rod/line combo's and meet some of the nice folks in our Spey community...The weather forecast looks good... :sunny:

Everyone is welcome to join us... Hope to see you there.

Greg

How long do you figure you'll be out there? I have an appointment from 12:30 - 2:30pm, but could probably get there by about 3:00 - 3:30.

We usually wrap it up around 5:00 pm. I think there will be a good turn out and it's always a lot of fun.

Spey Party

that sounds good ,you bringing the timmies also , i'll see you then ,

looking forward to seeing the old Doc and robbing his fly box again when he's not looking greg , for some of them tiny streamers we like so much , ha ha

i'll bring a few Meiser and the Gold Medal stick for those who might want to test drive one also , plus a couple steelhead sticks , maybe a little bit of trading stuff , always a few horse traders in the bunch ,

Doug is bringing my S rod also , i'll load up some good older hardys ,

PKK pete , you come stop by as i want to do some skagit casting with you with my steelhead stick ,

now if it's a party , spey and 20 year old scotch kinda go hand in hand :rolleyes:

Guest JayVee

Spey party, fishing the Bow while she's on fire, spey party, fishing the Bow...

:unsure:

now if it's a party , spey and 20 year old scotch kinda go hand in hand :rolleyes:

Thanks Greg for organizing this. As always a lot of fun, great people, good weather.

Regret not getting there earlier, but still was good. If earlier, would have liked to throw with some of those cannons on shore.

Good to meet and put names and faces to some of the folks on this board.

Tom

Hi all,

Was great to get out today with all you Spey boys. Was nice to meet you all, and thank you so much to all the guysbwho helped me out, tool man , dutchie, lornce, and all the other guys I don't remember! Was great to cast some of those sticks, now it's gunna be even harder to make. Decision on which one to buy! But I hope to see you all soon, maybe a Spey float trip with a couple drift boats next time! Just give me a date and time and I'll bring my boat!!

Thanks a lot boys!!

Matt

Certainly a nice day to be out trying those Meisers.

Shoulda had a contest to see who could reel in something from the drift boat hatch, though!

You know what the most annoying thing about the drigt boat hatch was, all but maybe 2 boats came about 5 to 10 feet away from us. Man that was annoying, even if I had my single hander out the boats would of still be floating right next to me, maybe next time I'll try casting over the boats.