Fly Fusion Forums

When Spring Wont Come

troutlover

Well a guy can only take so much of this crappy crappy crappy weather after last weeks chinook that never came and no end of this deep freeze in sight me and a buddy decided it was time to take matters into our own hands . We loaded up the car after work on thursday and headed down to IdahoFalls to warmer weather and some truly Epic winter fishing . They have so many fish in the rivers down there it is stoooopid in four days we were into hundreds of fish a nice break from this crap weather and home just in time to catch a chinook definitely worth the 10 hr drive of course it was only an 8 hr drive for us. Hey we even bagged a nice Muley Buck just out side of Claresholm stupid deer .....Run toward the lights!!! SMACK. Darn. He did walk off but i think hes coyote food kinda crappy.

Henrys Fork Snake River that is a GIGANTIC osprey nest on top of the bridge

imgp1831.jpg

X marks the spot the snow was so deep it was crazy but the weather was great

imgp1829z.jpg

Over fifty of these each on the first day amazing fish with big appetites

imgp1826.jpg

We call this hole "The hungry beaver" that huge tree was stripped clean. This River is not the Henrys. I am not allowed to share the name it is a local secret and has managed not to be published in any magazines as of yet. It also yielded dozens and dozens of fish.

imgp1836e.jpg

The scenery was amazing in the mountains this creek reminded me a lot of the Crow.

imgp1835.jpg

A beauty from Frenchman's creek.

imgp1838.jpg

The robins were there and the birds were singing spring is on its way lets hope she makes a speedy trip north so we can get on the river soon and shake off this brutal winter.

So... I will take the two flyrods you left in my car as a guide payment? :whistle:

the duck nose

idaho1.jpg

the first of many pigs we found in a nice seam

idaho3.jpg

troutlover on his fifth fish from this run i guess i will just take pictures

idaho2.jpg

the colors were amazing

idaho4.jpg

Right on, I did that same trip a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Brings back some great memories. Couldn't believe how affordable it was to purchase a license- and as it turns out a good investment- as I was checked by a fish cop.

Awesome to see robins at this time of year. Spring definitely does hit there a little earlier then here. Saw a few gophers last Sunday around High River. I don't think I have ever been so glad to see one of those little pests.