Fly Fusion Forums

Stream Watch?

Taco

According to the 2010 annual report,

Two Officer Assistants were hired, covering the Oldman, Nordegg, and Rocky Mountain House Regions. Specific river systems like North and South Ram, North Saskatchewan, Bighorn, Blackstone, Oldman, Livingstone and their tributaries were patrolled, collectively making over 600 face to face contacts with resource users.

According to the 2010 annual report,

Two Officer Assistants were hired, covering the Oldman, Nordegg, and Rocky Mountain House Regions. Specific river systems like North and South Ram, North Saskatchewan, Bighorn, Blackstone, Oldman, Livingstone and their tributaries were patrolled, collectively making over 600 face to face contacts with resource users.

i fished the oldman and livingstone a ton this summer and never even saw a single soul... other then the odd fisherman, but no officers...

kinda makes me wonder what section(s) of the river they concentrated on

i fished the oldman and livingstone a ton this summer and never even saw a single soul... other then the odd fisherman, but no officers...

kinda makes me wonder what section(s) of the river they concentrated on

I'll bet you were glassed at one time or another.

I have fished the Oldman area 40+ days a season for the last 3 years and I have never been approached by a CO. I am sure I have been glassed tho'.

I don't care as I'd rather he be catching poachers than wasting his time with reg's abiding me!!

The thing is that there is a high season officer around and the users know it. More than one person that I ran into up there mentioned it to me, guess I look too much like redneck poacher.

The thing is that there is a high season officer around and the users know it. More than one person that I ran into up there mentioned it to me, guess I look too much like redneck poacher.

Taco

they were around lots in 2010 , was checked myself twice by the hired guy , and seen em driving on all section roads , not sure the ones driving were reg officer or the stream watch ones hired , i'm sure they do some watching at spots that you can't see them , which is good , the one guy did tell me had talked to lots of bad guys about the quads running in the river ,

i thinks it a good thing , better then having no one to watch , he also told me that the big ticket at that time when i seen him was '' not de barbing the hook'' which came at no surprise to me ,

so how much was your ticket for not de-barbing your hook dutchie?

i seen him coming and threw way up into the tree's and snapped it off befor he got close to me , easy on 6 x tippet and a size 16 , LOL , no really i haven't got a ticket for a long long time except a speeding ticket and i do get the odd 649 ticket's when it's up around 40 million :rolleyes:

Taco's statement says a lot. If anglers are warning other anglers that the Streamwatch officer is out "so you better be careful" than the program is a success. You are never going to stop all the poachers but if those that feel "I can get away with it", stop or slow down their activities due to the impression that they may be caught. Well what more can you ask for.

I'll be enjoying my free flight tickets compliments of West Jet and the Streamwatch Raffle. Keep up the good work guys.

• 2 weeks later...
How many summer officers did Streamwatch fund in 2010 and in what patrol areas? Anyone know? The website has zero current information and hasn't been updated since 1877

1877 is a bit harsh but I agree we are tardy........My son looks after the website as a volunteer (it was completely redone last year to add links, bring current etc.) and he will update it as soon as I get the new annual report which apparently is in the mail..........Also have a few newer pictures from this past summer.......Sorry for the delay........