Fly Fusion Forums

Wildlife Photos

Jeffro

Jeffro and all. Nice pictures. And a swell opportunity for me to jump in with a shameless "promotion." :)

During all October I am hanging 26 framed prints in the Coaldale Library gallery. I am donating the prints to the library and they are selling them at a silent auction and the library gets ALL of the income from the sale. (In return, I get a tax receipt.;))

See details here...Library fundraiser "Natural Wonders" photo show

I'd be honored if some of you southern folks dropped by and had a look.

Thanks and cheers!

Clive

Guest bigbadbrent

Clive, that photo of the burmis tree and the moon always, no matter how many times i've seen it, think to myself "how did he do that!"..just an incredible picture, and the moon looks HUGE!

Gary, great gobbler shot. Was that in Alberta? I don't suppose you hunt these things do you? I brought my turkey gear with me from Texas, looking for some place to hunt next year.

Thanks Dank.....yes that one was taken just on the outskirts of Coleman. We have quite a good population here in the Pass with more in the Lee Lake area and the largest huntable population would be in the Porcupine hills. I have never gotten a draw for a hunt here but hope to oneday

Jeffro, love the Cinnamon teal shot. Great to see these guys in their breeding splendor. Another pretty rust colored duck is the Ruddy duck. There was a bunch of males fighting it out this spring Elliott's pond. They made for great entertainment inbetween fish.

Thanks Monger. I truly enjoy waterfowl in their breeding plumage during the spring (even more so then eating them in the fall). I unfortunately never really made it out much this year to see the ducks duel off or conduct their forced copulation rituals (which really aren't that fun for the faint of heart or the female ducks).

The raptor migration is in full swing down around the Lethbridge area and I've managed to get a few good shots. Lots of different morphs and juveniles that are quite difficult to properly ID. When I get a chance I'll throw some up.

Great stuff Jeffro.

Flying birds are difficult, eh? Good thing you got the D200. Good choice.

Cheers!

Clive

PS: Well after a long wait there is a 12MP replacement for my 7D. Looking forward to getting one soon. Digital photography is the very best! These are good times for us all!

Great stuff Jeffro.

Flying birds are difficult, eh? Good thing you got the D200. Good choice.

Cheers!

Clive

PS: Well after a long wait there is a 12MP replacement for my 7D. Looking forward to getting one soon. Digital photography is the very best! These are good times for us all!

Thank god for the 4 frames per second otherwise a flying bird is out of the focal point in the blink of an eye. I'm looking forward to the day I'm "allowed" to upgrade my lenses to something that reponds faster for action shots. I still go through a lot of shots that don't make the final cut, but thats only to be expected. I'm also glad I can simply just delete what I don't want instead of going through the troubles of developing an entire roll of film just to find out my exposure was off by a miniscule fraction.

I'm slowly getting used to all the functionality of the D200, but as any addiction, my eyes are always on the bigger prize, and the newer camera bodies are getting unreal in capabilities.

I'll try to dig up anymore decent shots I can find when I can find the time.

Gotta love being able to work and play at the same time.....