Fly Fusion Forums

Yeah, More Ranting

So

Q: When is snow removal not snow removal?

A: When it's done by the City of Calgary.

I observed 2 of these snow removal events in my neighborhood. Once a snowplow went by and scraped a little bit of snow. Another time a snowplow breezed through and sanded a few places.

This is how our snow removal money is being spent?! Anyone will tell you that a snowplow doesn't clear snow; it just moves it out of the way. That's exactly what happened. It made a nice high ridge beside the parked cars. OK, it did level out the ruts for a while. This was done on the weekend!! Same with the sanding. Overtime, no doubt.

What is going on? Are the people in charge that stupid? Who do they think they're fooling? Is this what's happening in all the neighborhoods? Anyone else upset about this?

Yeah, I observed a grater/plow making one pass down the middle of our street!!

So

Q: When is snow removal not snow removal?

A: When it's done by the City of Calgary.

I observed 2 of these snow removal events in my neighborhood. Once a snowplow went by and scraped a little bit of snow. Another time a snowplow breezed through and sanded a few places.

This is how our snow removal money is being spent?! Anyone will tell you that a snowplow doesn't clear snow; it just moves it out of the way. That's exactly what happened. It made a nice high ridge beside the parked cars. OK, it did level out the ruts for a while. This was done on the weekend!! Same with the sanding. Overtime, no doubt.

What is going on? Are the people in charge that stupid? Who do they think they're fooling? Is this what's happening in all the neighborhoods? Anyone else upset about this?

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

say what you want but in Ottawa the snow is gone by lunch from their plows. I remember seeing them in our neighborhood before both parent went to work. But i think they were pulling money from the over budget parks dpt.

What do I expect?

1 Effective planning and good judgement by so-called experts.

2 Competency in delivering these goods and services.

3 Use of proper equipment.

4 Good value for our tax dollars.

Right now we are getting none of the above. If they didn't work on the residential streets at all, the results would be about the same; the costs would be quite less. Somehow I think even if they did have more funding, they wouldn't do a good job.