Fly Fusion Forums

3 New Humblefisherman Movies

Hello Fishing friends,

After a hair raising summer and fall, I've finally fallen into enough of a groove to get some editing done.

The first movie is Dam Brookies. Just as the title states, I'm fishin a beaver dam. There is an irony to the title tho. As we know the Brook Trout is an introduced species in Alberta. Maybe I should of called it Damn Brookies, Just kidding, i am a big fan of the brook, with it's dressy show colors and aggressive attitude . I do state at the end tho, if your going to eat a trout in alberta, make it a brook trout. I like the native fish to have the advantage is all.

The next movie is "Mountain Char" king of the Bull Trout. Some of the old timers that used to fish this river would talk about a seperate class of Bulls. These bulls would dwarf the other large males by more than a foot. Even eat them if given the chance. The genetics are still strong as i observed and caught one of these huge fish in August of 2008, and then again at the end of July this year (same fish?). I couldn't of landed this fish without the help of my buddy Jay, even tho he was ripped on poisonous berries, and a wasp sting to the neck, he still ran that thing down. Thanks Langer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQXditIlq4o

Last but not least is another Bull Trout feature i created with my buddy Tyler. Ty and i have been fishin together for a few years now, we were going out for bulls and had one of those magical day's. The movie shows only 4 of the 12 big bullies we caught that day. Two of the fish in the movie run us into to downed trees, takes teamwork to land these fish. Some clear water that day made for some nice underwater clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMWnjJr1_n4

Hope you all enjoy the first of many new movies you'll enjoy over this winter season of 2010,

Thanks for watchin!

Jay Jones (the Humblefisherman)