Fly Fusion Forums

Trivia Question Of The Week.

Another Worldy Trivia...

'check the following smart things to do '

/ Leave a detailed message to someone you love to tell them you're flyfishing and what time you'll be home.

/Enter 2010 fly contest .

/Go flyfishing without money , license ,and where's mine hat ?

/ Tying craze bugs for your rod with hockey on tv .

/ Going to buddys house to brag about your big brown trout ,and give him some new flys maybe!

/ Do chores around the house to put flyfishing time in the bank .

;streamer

HOW 'S THAT !

flyfishy

Here's one....

Choose the best answer to the following scenario....

You are fishing a large spring creek in September. The creek is populated by mostly Rainbow Trout. It is a warm sunny day; cloudless. The water is clear and there are fish rolling here and there, and often the rise forms seem fairly aggressive, yet they don't always create a splash or bubble. There are only a few bugs on the water, and nothing larger than a size twenty. Despite the clear warm conditions, it seems as if is raining at times, as something is hitting the water that creates a rain-drop type disturbance on the surface.

The fish are likely eating something from the order 1]_______ and the best fly would be some type of 2]________ immitaion.

a. 1] Lamniformes 2] Minnow

b. 1] Ephemeroptera 2] Blue Winged Olive

c. 1] Plecoptera 2] Golden Stone Fly

d. 1] Orthoptera 2] Grasshopper

e. 1] Hemiptera 2] Backswimmer

Hmmm, its a large spring creek and the fish are rainbows and not browns so it's not the famed backswimmer hatch on Stauffer. ;)

I'm still gonna say E).

If you've ever been bitten by a backswimmer you can understand why trout might avoid them, preferring instead the boatman which doesn't bite. That said they often don't differentiate, eating which ever one is available.

Nothing quite like a turn on during a backswimmer/boatman fall.

What ever it is flyfishy you are supposed to put the laquer on the fly not sniff it!

Anyways, you way over pulled the cheese fly and scared all the fish away, even the whitefish.

to quote Larry TCG..."i don't care who you are that's funny right there"...hey flyfishy...ya keep posting all these and yet, you still haven't posted ANY of the "right" answers...little help here? lol

to quote Larry TCG..."i don't care who you are that's funny right there"...hey flyfishy...ya keep posting all these and yet, you still haven't posted ANY of the "right" answers...little help here? lol

Sorry all , I will try to start posting all of the answers soon ! I have been a little slack .

• 2 months later...
Here's one....

Choose the best answer to the following scenario....

You are fishing a large spring creek in September. The creek is populated by mostly Rainbow Trout. It is a warm sunny day; cloudless. The water is clear and there are fish rolling here and there, and often the rise forms seem fairly aggressive, yet they don't always create a splash or bubble. There are only a few bugs on the water, and nothing larger than a size twenty. Despite the clear warm conditions, it seems as if is raining at times, as something is hitting the water that creates a rain-drop type disturbance on the surface.

The fish are likely eating something from the order 1]_______ and the best fly would be some type of 2]________ immitaion.

a. 1] Lamniformes 2] Minnow

b. 1] Ephemeroptera 2] Blue Winged Olive

c. 1] Plecoptera 2] Golden Stone Fly

d. 1] Orthoptera 2] Grasshopper

e. 1] Hemiptera 2] Backswimmer

NEED SOME MORE HELP

Can we try some thing like this !

CTtownTBboyz ...is a fly talker to.

flyfishy ... planing to go back to school.

try a story of one of your flyfishing outings, and trivialize it!

PS/ BigBowTrout ...thanks for help'in and your flys rock, thay dont miss a feather... nice.

love the trivia .