Fly Fusion Magazine Cover

You Pick!  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Left or Right?

• Left
    • Right

SIPCOVERCONTESTforums.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Remember the TROUT cover debate we had a few issues ago?

WE NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN. Except for this time we are going to let YOU GUYS choose which cover we should go with for our 2010 "Destinations" Special Issue. This issue is due out on stands on October 18th so we need you to tell us this week which cover you prefer. Is it the one on the left, which has a little more character, or is it the one on the right, which has a travel feel to it...

YOUR CALL...

- CB on behalf of the Fly Fusion Team

I thought that Fly Fusion was not a "Destination" type of mag..

Is this a slide to the Can_dian F_y F_shier type of magazine, report about place that can ill afford the publicity and damn the environment of the place.

Or will it be done in the Fly Fusion style , still with concern for the location and the realities of the resource which is the fish, I do not care how many guides get paid or how well a Lodge does in a year, it is the reason that we all fish that is the only concern and that is the fish.

I voted left, due to when a place gets loved to death that is what happens to the fishing and location..

Yesterday I picked up a large Tim Hortons cup 75 Km from the closest Timmies and it was on a spot that the land owner asked people not to park..

I thought that Fly Fusion was not a "Destination" type of mag..

Is this a slide to the Can_dian F_y F_shier type of magazine, report about place that can ill afford the publicity and damn the environment of the place.

Or will it be done in the Fly Fusion style , still with concern for the location and the realities of the resource which is the fish, I do not care how many guides get paid or how well a Lodge does in a year, it is the reason that we all fish that is the only concern and that is the fish.

I voted left, due to when a place gets loved to death that is what happens to the fishing and location..

Yesterday I picked up a large Tim Hortons cup 75 Km from the closest Timmies and it was on a spot that the land owner asked people not to park..

Hi Flyfishfairwx,

No sliding - promise. We conducted a reader study a couple years back and the main message we got back with regards to the editorial content was fairly clear - Don't Change A Thing. With that in mind the other message that we got was "Can you give us just a little bit of destination?". So we thought the best way to handle this without completely vacating our core editorial values would be to produce a fifth issue which focus would be 100% destination based - BUT done our way. Derek (Editor) has written an editorial for Stream Lines in the Special Issue that will cover all of what we are doing with this issue.

Not to worry your regular issues will be as reliable as always.

Cheers!

Chris

Hi Flyfishfairwx,

No sliding - promise. We conducted a reader study a couple years back and the main message we got back with regards to the editorial content was fairly clear - Don't Change A Thing. With that in mind the other message that we got was "Can you give us just a little bit of destination?". So we thought the best way to handle this without completely vacating our core editorial values would be to produce a fifth issue which focus would be 100% destination based - BUT done our way. Derek (Editor) has written an editorial for Stream Lines in the Special Issue that will cover all of what we are doing with this issue.

Not to worry your regular issues will be as reliable as always.

Cheers!

Chris

Thanks Chris

For a bit there I thought that I was loosing the best Canadian Fly Fishing magazine to the evils of fish this fly this place and you will be as good as I am, and damn the environment that you are in or that the fish have to live in , just get your fish, type of thinking ..

I just knew that I could trust you all to do it right!!!

That whole damn me first and me only mentality bugs me, I am not saying do not do destinations pieces just do them from the right perspective..

All in all look forward to the issue.

PS Thanks for taking the TU Currents on board, good man you!!! It is a worthy organization.

• 2 weeks later...
Thats what I thought it was. Creeped me out about fishing and a turd floats by.

Exactly. And the fact that there's a dude taking a deuce on the front of the magazine I'm reading.. JMO.

For those of you who've been down to these locations... please excuse my naivety. Is this a real outhouse? And if so, please tell me there's some sort of container underneath and the waste isn't going directly into the water..??

Though I cannot specifically speak about the photo that is being considered, when traveling in some remote places in Thailand, "it" goes right into the river!!

P

Exactly. And the fact that there's a dude taking a deuce on the front of the magazine I'm reading.. JMO.

For those of you who've been down to these locations... please excuse my naivety. Is this a real outhouse? And if so, please tell me there's some sort of container underneath and the waste isn't going directly into the water..??

Though I cannot specifically speak about the photo that is being considered, when traveling in some remote places in Thailand, "it" goes right into the river!!

P

Ever been to Victoria BC? Did you flush a toilet when you were there?