Fly Fusion Forums

Olli Jokinen

Is this the same guy they couldn't kick out fast enough last season...

Is Sutter nuts? This is too funny!

You said it Sun...too funny. On the Tanguay side of things, I wonder what his excuse will be this year on his crappy play. It's a good day to be an Oilers fan.

Guest Sundancefisher

I like Olli.

Watching the Flames you quickly got the sense that that guy was at least out there skating. He also went hard into the corners. Sutter is the one that needs to be traded...and I am referring to the coach...

although i think sutter is nuts he's not as crazy as the ownership group that is allowing sutter to continue with his kooky style. why does he now think that his build by trading strategy is going to work when it hasn't so far?

i can't believe jokinen would play on the same line as iginla again. didn't work last time why would it this time. surely he'll be the second line centre.

if sutter's going to go out and get old flames why not lombardi who had a pretty damn good year in phoenix and must have more upside than jokinen. tanguay, well at 1.7m maybe he'll be a good addition if he can find his old game and put up 60 or more points. but the flames need to rebuild the team with youth and energy not bring in more old guys. this must be sutter's last chance.

not happy to see nystrom gone. he was a good 3rd line player in my mind. could score and not afraid to drop the gloves when necessary. i always felt he played with a lot of energy. and now in minnesota could come back to haunt the flames. and need to get white signed.

may be a long cold winter for flames fans.

if sutter's going to go out and get old flames why not lombardi

He got Jokinen for less money than Lombardi signed for today and Jokinen has already proven he's more durable. Sutter maintains Jokinen and Tanguay are a "package deal", suggesting he would not have signed one if he hadn't signed the other. I'll reserve judgement until the season is well underway...

He got Jokinen for less money than Lombardi signed for today and Jokinen has already proven he's more durable. Sutter maintains Jokinen and Tanguay are a "package deal", suggesting he would not have signed one if he hadn't signed the other. I'll reserve judgement until the season is well underway...

not sure what you mean by more durable (games played is marginally in jokinen's favour) but lombardi is 4 years younger with a lot more upside and dare i say heart. if i had to choose between the 2 i'd take lombardi even at an extra $500K/year. jokinen has done nothing since leaving florida and tanguay has been on a downhill slope since his first year in calgary.

i think sutter has totally lost it with these signings....smacks of complete desperation with no future vision. i hope i'm wrong but it looks bad for the flames future.

not sure what you mean by more durable (games played is marginally in jokinen's favour) but lombardi is 4 years younger with a lot more upside and dare i say heart. if i had to choose between the 2 i'd take lombardi even at an extra $500K/year. jokinen has done nothing since leaving florida and tanguay has been on a downhill slope since his first year in calgary.

i think sutter has totally lost it with these signings....smacks of complete desperation with no future vision. i hope i'm wrong but it looks bad for the flames future.

Personally.....I hope you're right :whoot:

count me as WGAF

Count me as WGAF that you dont GAF (man your line on pro hockey is getting old and boring).

On topic, i think tanguay will have a very good year. last time he was here Iggy lit it up ( until iron mike killed that ). Always like the effort Oli gave us. At his new salary i dont think this is a bad move either

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with brining these two guys back is that they left here hated by all except for me (i only like ollie out of the two). Tanguay plays like a little girl, cant stand the guy and Im sure he is very pleased to be back in a city that basically ran him out of town. Ollie on the other hand I think is a great player, he works harder than anyone and tries every game. Its to bad we dogged him so bad last year before letting him go cause that could come into play. Either way I think we still have a really good team, hopefully they can get there s#@t together this year, its been a painfull few years!!