Fly Fusion Forums

Soccer

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher
The one thing about watching soccer, it sure beats watching golf. Talk about a snooze fest.

Sports in order starting at most boring to watch...

1. Soccer

2. Tennis

3. Pool

4. Darts

5. Baseball

6. Golf

any others?

Sports in order starting at most boring to watch...

1. Soccer

2. Tennis

3. Pool

4. Darts

5. Baseball

6. Golf

any others?

a bobber ?

Guest Sundancefisher

darts is a sport. Those guys are sweating under the strain. I like playing darts at the bar... Don't like watching darts on TV however.

Figure Skating... I find that painful to watch also. So is synchronized swimming

Guest Sundancefisher
Cricket!

Cricket...man god man are you ever correct. Games go on forever...then the starts and they take a break. Then the rain stops but it's tea time... LOL are you ever correct... This one is high on the list of boring to watch!

Indie car and all other long distance car races....grand prix...formula one...you name it.

What are the most exciting sports to watch?

Hockey...during playoffs.

Swamp buggy races - coming soon to a community south of Calgary... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH_FVSkoNfM good wholesome redneck FUN!

Guest frypan

dart , pool , boling , golf, are displines not sport

if a guy is making a carer out of it is fatter than you then a displine , not sport

fishign is a displine as well ,

btw- i read somwhere tat soccer player and motocros rider are some of the most fit athlet , rite up tere with tryathlon and cyclists

Guest Sundancefisher
dart , pool , boling , golf, are displines not sport

if a guy is making a carer out of it is fatter than you then a displine , not sport

fishign is a displine as well ,

btw- i read somwhere tat soccer player and motocros rider are some of the most fit athlet , rite up tere with tryathlon and cyclists

wikipedia defines sports as:

A sport is commonly defined as an organized, competitive, and skillful physical activity requiring commitment and fair play. It is governed by a set of rules or customs. In a sport the key factors are the physical capabilities and skills of the competitor when determining the outcome (winning or losing). The physical activity involves the movement of people, animals and/or a variety of objects such as balls and machines. In contrast, games such as card games and board games, though these could be called mind sports, require only mental skills. Non-competitive activities such as jogging and rock-climbing, are usually classified as recreations.

Physical events such as scoring goals or crossing a line first often define the result of a sport. However the degree of skill in some sports such as diving, dressage and figure skating is judged according to well-defined criteria. This is in contrast with other judged activities such as beauty pageants and body-building shows, where skill does not have to be shown and the criteria are not as well defined.

Therefore...from the average persons compilation of the definition... "dart , pool , boling , golf" are sports. You seem to be projecting a narrower definition of a sport...versus a game.

The term discipline refers to the acquired sphere of knowledge acquired when inferring an academic perspective. May also be defined as the information passed on as a disciple from the master.

Darts is a sport... So there!

Guest Sundancefisher
Soooo, How many Darts games do you have to play to get into shape and start toning those muscles? I think you're just there for the Beer. <--poke--<

Regards Mike

Throwing a dart is like throwing a football. You need strength, precision and agility for both...

The England team went to visit an orphanage in South Africa this morning. "It feels good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, who are constantly struggling and facing the impossible" said Jamal Umboto aged 6!!

I am in Germany right now and it is a lot more fun watching soccer when you are in an outdoor beer garden with a thousand screaming Germans haha Giant TV screen and beer always a good combination! I watched a live match of a local club and it was much more interesting live than on TV. Go Deutschland!

Guest Sundancefisher
I am in Germany right now and it is a lot more fun watching soccer when you are in an outdoor beer garden with a thousand screaming Germans haha Giant TV screen and beer always a good combination! I watched a live match of a local club and it was much more interesting live than on TV. Go Deutschland!

Honestly...what are you watching more...Soccer on TV or the women serving the beer?

i think the wc soccer will become more enjoyable now that the teams have to win...instead of just not lose. when the wc was in the usa i finally learned the rules and strategy (enough anyway) and certainly gained an appreciation of the game that i didn't have before.

however, it is even more boring watching a soccer team try to protect a 1-0 lead than a hockey team trying to do the same.