Fly Fusion Forums

New Camera

reevesr1

Bought the Canon D10 waterproof the other day. I took it on a stillwater trip earlier this week (3 day trip, crap weather, marginal fishing). I just wanted to post these to show some different shots from the camera. Like many waterproof cameras it only has a 3x optical zoom. I did use the digital zoom (12x) and it worked great. The last shot was at least 75 yds away. I'm really impressed with the camera so far.

img0006j.jpg

img0014av.jpg

img0009eu.jpg

img0016kg.jpg

img0031gg.jpg

img0042f.jpg

img0049tw.jpg

img0056ib.jpg

img0057n.jpg

img0061vo.jpg

By the way, this shot is as I said, like75 yds away. See the indi? See the midges on the water?

Nice clear shots and beautiful water! Though, I would not use the digital zoom, unless I know I want the photo only in low res.

These UW cameras perform pretty well outdoor, but one need to figure out how to get decent shots indoor. The macro feature is also a bonus for fly-fishermen or anyone.

Just make sure your photos are well exposed (well lit, but that should not be a problem in BC & AB) and you will fall in love with this camera.

Wait until the Pentax W90 comes out, first..

Being a Pentax Optio fan, I have posted the news on this board when W90 was released.

From the internet, it looks that you can order it (on stock) from many shops. It does make my W60 look old. :)

The Canon D10 waterproof is the same as their regular digital camera (the elph?) with a waterproof housing. It is much bigger than either the pentax or the olympus. But, and this is a big but, it does not seem (from my limited use) to suffer from the same problems as the olympus- which was poor indoor performance.

It depends to me on what you want it for. If just for underwater/outdoor stuff, then the Pentax or Olympus are great cameras. If you want it for all around use, and I do, then I think the D10 is a better choice. Reality is they are all great cameras. You won't go wrong with any choice.

And I don't plan to use the digital zoom much. But it's nice to have it when I need it.

The Canon D10 waterproof is the same as their regular digital camera (the elph?) with a waterproof housing. It is much bigger than either the pentax or the olympus. But, and this is a big but, it does not seem (from my limited use) to suffer from the same problems as the olympus- which was poor indoor performance.

It depends to me on what you want it for. If just for underwater/outdoor stuff, then the Pentax or Olympus are great cameras. If you want it for all around use, and I do, then I think the D10 is a better choice. Reality is they are all great cameras. You won't go wrong with any choice.

And I don't plan to use the digital zoom much. But it's nice to have it when I need it.

Too True Rick , I carry too much crap with me so I like the slim Profile of the Optio's, My wife has the D10 and loves it...

I also have been looking for a wp camera, read all the reviews etc.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterp...roup/page17.asp

Based on those, the choice came down to Lumix TS2 released feb 2010 or the canon (way bulky)

I bought the TS2 from London Drugs (they also have the Pentax W90 in stock) but hated it. Luckily LD has a 15 day return policy, and I used it.

Went to look at the W90 today at LD, but noticed they have the W80 on sale at $249, and after seeing Max's shots, I bought it. Note that I have a good non waterproof digital, so the primary use will be as a fishing cam.

Nice fish, Rickr

it was time i got a new camera as i wanted to take some underwater pictures , plus some HD video's , after reading all the posts and a bunch of reviews , it came down to the cannon D10 or the new Panasonic TS2 Lumix 14 MP , i decided only on the TS2 as it was more slimmer and not so bulky as the cannon , i think they pretty well the same in value , so far i love it and by the time i learn everything about it , well then it will be time again for another one ,