Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing League Schedule

Brad (Bhurt) vs Brad (Rufus)

Brad won the match with 1 trout, i'll let you guys figure out which brad won.

Photo will come later, with which brad won (Tomorrow I will tell unless the other brad says)

That Bhurt is such a d**K.... He showed me all this really good water and then the bugger let me fish it first. Can you believe this guy? Then he lends me a sinking leader helps me land a fish and takes the pictures, what nerve!?!? After all is said and done he buys lunch on the way home, I cannot believe this guy think he can get away with stuff like that.....

Just joking, Bhurt is a great guy. I had a good day if only the weather cooperated a bit more. Thanks again.

Brad

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the whole Skunk/Tie debate. Why don't we treat it like hockey? Tie/Skunk each gets one point, if the pairing wants to go back out another day for the tie breaker the winner could be awarded the extra point? The scoring system would have to be adjusted as follows:

Win = 2

Loss = 0

Tie = 1 Each

Tie Breaker = 1 Bonus to the winner

At the end of the season if there is a tie in points we can either have a show down or just go with who has more wins...

Just a thought...

In regards to the whole Skunk/Tie debate. Why don't we treat it like hockey? Tie/Skunk each gets one point, if the pairing wants to go back out another day for the tie breaker the winner could be awarded the extra point? The scoring system would have to be adjusted as follows:

Win = 2

Loss = 0

Tie = 1 Each

Tie Breaker = 1 Bonus to the winner

At the end of the season if there is a tie in points we can either have a show down or just go with who has more wins...

Just a thought...

Would it be sudden death? First to get a fish to hand wins?

Would it go down to a "shoot out" style if you get shut out again? Cast for distance? Accuracy?

lol just kidding.

Or am I? <--poke--<

I think we should do it more like soccer, as sacrilegious that might sound in Canada. Game ends in a tie is a tie. You can keep fishing as long as you want on the day of the contest, but once it's over it's over. My .02.

Oh, and timj and I tied 1-1. Mine was a rainbow. His was a 74" Texas. Right in the lip, blood and everything. He blamed the wind. Convenient excuse I say.

So if Texans count, it was 1-1. If not, I won 1-0.

Would it be sudden death? First to get a fish to hand wins?

Would it go down to a "shoot out" style if you get shut out again? Cast for distance? Accuracy?

lol just kidding.

Or am I? <--poke--<

If they are tied at the end of the second outing, it turns into a duel. Each guy puts on a 3 oz streamer and they stand back to back. Take 50 paces turn and cast, first one to give the other a new piercing wins :P

I am not sure on the tie at the end of the tie breaker, maybe flip a coin? Or skip the tie breaker completely and just flip a coin. I was just looking for another excuse for the wife to get out and fish.....

If they are tied at the end of the second outing, it turns into a duel. Each guy puts on a 3 oz streamer and they stand back to back. Take 50 paces turn and cast, first one to give the other a new piercing wins :P

I am not sure on the tie at the end of the tie breaker, maybe flip a coin? Or skip the tie breaker completely and just flip a coin. I was just looking for another excuse for the wife to get out and fish.....

I like your reasoning.

Works for me!

So, from now on, according to my wife, ALL my matches are ties!

Made it out with Webby and since he also needed to make up his match with troutlover the 3 of us went out.We started nymphing for the first while, i had a good brown on but some how broke him off.Webby landed a bow soon after.We continued nymphing each of us landing some fish.The wind started to howl so we switched to streamers.Again we hooked some and landed some.At this point i had 4 webby had 3 and troutlover had 4.By this time webby was a little heavier as he managed to fill his waders a little.We came across some rises so we switched to drys.i got the first one,troutlover tried his luck on the next and broke off.I managed one more,webby was a little cold so he stayed out of the water but after watching us he couldn't resist.He got in the water and casted to a rise after about 20 casts he gave troutlover a try and he couldn't get him either,at one time there was 3 flies drifting by this fish. webby made a final cast as he was getting pretty cold and the fish slammed his fly a beauty bow of about 20".

final tally was me with 6 troutlover with 4 and webby with 4.Greatday on the water boys hope to do it again.

Ladystrange and I made it out for our match this evening. BeAutiful night. Managed to get the monkey off my back for match fishing with 1 to hand. Ladystrange scored a 0.

That being said i feel she gets the victory tonight as she managed to leave injury free unlike Rick last week.

Good to meet you and fish with you Tiana.

Went out with Fruincalgary last night, absolutely gorgeous night to be fishing. I caught 5 and landed 2, Fruin caught 3 and landed one. One of his that got LDR'ed looked like a monster. Thanks for the great time Craig, hope to out with you again sometime soon.

Fruincalgary 1 - Rufus28 2

Brad

Fished with Tungsten on Monday. Tungsten 5 me 1. Got some good suggestions and been working on my presentation. Thanks for the help Tungsten. It is helping. Lots to learn yet. Fished all day on the Little Red River yesterday. Me and my buddy landed over 15 browns and whites. It was a great day. Then hooked up with Avalanche and fished the evening. Was fun and nice to meet fellow flyfisher. Thanks Avalanche.

Fished with Tungsten on Monday. Tungsten 5 me 1. Got some good suggestions and been working on my presentation. Thanks for the help Tungsten. It is helping. Lots to learn yet. Fished all day on the Little Red River yesterday. Me and my buddy landed over 15 browns and whites. It was a great day. Then hooked up with Avalanche and fished the evening. Was fun and nice to meet fellow flyfisher. Thanks Avalanche.

Where abouts did ya fish the Little Red Deer? Im headed up Sun and Mon... along the forestry trunk road.

Last night was a blast .... we did'nt see many risers but it should'nt be long till all the trouts are lookin' up.... a huge olive hatch to start. Rufus was covered in em, saw a few huge caddis.... flashback pt nymphs, evil weevils and caddis pupa seem to the drug of choice as of late.... I've been swingin' em below the leech. Fish are definitely movin' up into the faster water and much more aggressive on takes. Lookin' forward to the next few weeks as the river starts to come alive.

Thanks again Rufus good ta meet ya, and we'll get out again soon.

Keith, looks like we're up next shoot me a pm and we'll make a plan.

Finally made it out for my second match (from last week!) this morning with Castuserraticus.

Beautiful morning to be fishing, just a slight breeze, nothing really hatching where we were. Saw the odd BWO as we were about to leave. Water was about 2-3' visibility.

Managed to get 2 to hand and had another break off. Foul hooked them both, one in the gill and the other in the butt. Sure are hard to land that way, holy!

Final tally Me 2 Casuts 0

I am really enjoying this so far. Its a great way to meet new people and I can't wait to get out and fish with some more members I have yet to meet and fish some more with members that I have met!

Great to meet you Bob, I hope we can go out again one morning!

Now I have to get out this week for my match this week with Jayvee.

Sorry to everyone, I have a few make-up matches to do.

Been working 10 hours a day from Sunday to Friday, plus have some personal issuses I am trying to deal with also.

Should be good and back to normal in a week or two, but this saturday doing a float so I can relieve all this anger and stress I have been dealing with the last couple of weeks. Keeping my finger cross I don't lose my mind.

LS- I got him back for you.

Rickr 10 Troutlover 6

I kinda felt like the Montreal Canadians out there. I got thoroughly outplayed (Jared hooked way more fish than I did), but had the hot hand when it came to landing them!

Fabulous day on the river!!