Fly Fusion Forums

Your Largest Bow River Trout/char

Your largest Bow River trout  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What is the largest Trout you have caught on the Bow?

• 30+
    • 29"
    • 28"
    • 27"
    • 26"
    • 25"
    • 24"
    • 23"
    • 22"
    • 21"
    • 20"
    • 19" and under

Now I believe you. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL weedy. good point... lmao...

I wonder if the fella I was guiding the day before who hooked it and lost it after an epic battle frequents this site? It was then that we called that huge bull the "deisel" and the day later (april 1st, 2004) that it was caught in the same place. Anyone who calls BS on that picture, whatever....... why are you stuck on the idea that everyone (all 9 of us) that have makred a bow river fish over 30 have got browns? 2 of my 3 are bulls. I happen to know another guy who wouldn't lie if you told him you were going to shoot him in the face, has gotten a rainbow WELL over 30 from the bow. He no longer visits this site much, too damn bad... he was a wealth of information... :(

Keep the big fish pics coming guys... and for those who doubt, ignore 'em! The same people always try and sh** on everyone else's parade...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to know another guy who wouldn't lie if you told him you were going to shoot him in the face, has gotten a rainbow WELL over 30 from the bow. He no longer visits this site much, too damn bad... he was a wealth of information... :(

I'm going fishing with that guy on a BC Lake in a few weeks!

On another note. Whats every ones smallest trout caught out of the bow.

This little guy was caught on a caddis in Aug last year. Took on the first drift, looked larger when it rose right next to shore above me. LOL

What do you think 4 inches :lol:

post-3404-1271217326.jpg

On another note. Whats every ones smallest trout caught out of the bow.

This little guy was caught on a caddis in Aug last year. Took on the first drift, looked larger when it rose right next to shore above me. LOL

What do you think 4 inches :lol:

Here is a close up.

post-3404-1271217549.jpg

DSCN2046.jpg

hmm lol I think you better moderate yourself for a photo of poor fish handling procedure lol. On the other hand, maybe the fish liked it. Was he wagging his tail (I'm assuming it was and that's why it's in your pants)

They guy who did/may of broken the Alberta record for a Brown (released but weighed by f+w techs previously) caught the fish out of a significantly smaller stream than the Bow. 31.5 inches. Seen the pic and still use the rod he caught it on. So a fish out of the bow >30 inches is highly likely. From reading this thread I believe to catch one of these monsters, stats show that you should leave your camera at home except Hawgstopper who is the exception to the rule. PS that pic gives new meaning to the phase" Is it in yet"

They guy who did/may of broken the Alberta record for a Brown (released but weighed by f+w techs previously) caught the fish out of a significantly smaller stream than the Bow. 31.5 inches. Seen the pic and still use the rod he caught it on. So a fish out of the bow >30 inches is highly likely. From reading this thread I believe to catch one of these monsters, stats show that you should leave your camera at home except Hawgstopper who is the exception to the rule. PS that pic gives new meaning to the phase" Is it in yet"

I heard it was taken from a Beaver pond, no?

I remember Brian's bull trout...the first time I saw that pic the words Holy **** just kept coming out of my mouth over and over. It remains the most impressive memory I have of a Bow River fish yet.

We don't even bother with pictures of fish unless they're taped over 23 inches. That's where our biggest sit right now. But the new fish kharma of our new boat is gonna change that this year - and I'll have my camera ready for this same thread at the end of the season. See ya then.

Swan Creek?

post-3585-1271478267.jpg

Here's one to drool over... the fish that is. Yes, caught with garlic marshmellow's rod (had seen very fish before this one). Bow River tributary... 31.5" absolute pig, fattest fish I've ever seen. I couldn't resist, can't have anyone thinking the bow system doesn't grow some monsters.

Dean

thanks for posting that for the non believers, hey does anyone happen to have that newspaper article of the massive brown taken from the carburn pond? it was 34 inches ... and a bow river fish. And (shockingly enough) less than a mile from the location I hit a monster like it.... if anyone clipped that article that would be awesome if they could post it.

cheers.

post-3585-1271478267.jpg

Here's one to drool over... the fish that is. Yes, caught with garlic marshmellow's rod (had seen very fish before this one). Bow River tributary... 31.5" absolute pig, fattest fish I've ever seen. I couldn't resist, can't have anyone thinking the bow system doesn't grow some monsters.

Dean

That'd be the one I thought it was....didn't you find that guy in a Beaver Pond though Dean?

Brian - I have what you're looking for on my downstairs computer somewhere....I'll try and find it and post it....been a few years. Great memories guys!

That'd be the one I thought it was....didn't you find that guy in a Beaver Pond though Dean?

Sort of a beaver pond. I remember when, why and where this happened. Was supposed to be there that day but for some reason I had to back out...

Was Dean on bunny leach with Garlic marshmellow's rod (all 3 of my rods were broke and had to borrow Jid's rod). In stream above the beaver pond it was reported to be in, could have been a resident fish... may also have put on some beef in the Glenmore reservoir and moved upstream to spawn. Whatever its background, it was a veritable monster and I'd be very surprised if I land another brown of that calibre... I'd say there's more where it came from...

Thanks and veritable monster is right. Had good eats and good place to hide during daylight to get that big.

Caught a 8-9lb brown hen in a shin-tangle bog from hell on a hair jig a couple yrs ago, about gave me a heart attack, gawdamn crick was 4' wide