Fly Fusion Forums

2pc Or 4pc Which Do You Prefer And For What Application

just a general question to all you lovelies out there.

most of us have more than one rod some of you more than you can count. i'm curious as to which rod configuration works best in your not so humble personal opinions

i like my 2pc for lakes, slap it together, throw it on the boat and go. space in the truck isnt a concern with the longer tube

but for small rivers, back packing and manuvering through brush i prefer my 4pc, i can break it down, wander through the scrub and not worry about snagging my tip on a branch or tree that jumps out and tries to bite me while minding my own business.

I dumped all my 2 piece rods this last season. With the advances in ferrels (sp) we have seen in the last decade I would never buy a 2 piece anymore. Having a 2 piece is fine if you don't hike through the bush but once you use a 4 piece you soon see the space saving advantages

Jay

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

4pc all the way. unless they can make a walking stick rod then 2 pc is to awkward and bulky in the bush. Its nice ot be able to strap it to the bag so you still have free hands

I also prefer a 4 piece but if I found a 2 piece at a really good price, I wouldn't walk away.

Regards Mike

does price really matter? i'd still pay a little bit more for the 4pc just for the convenience of the bush i fish through. personally, if there were 2 rods, exactly the same except 2 vs. 4 and unless the 2pc was a some ridculously silly amount less, which it wouldnt be... i'd pay for the 4pc. so what's the limit

does price really matter? i'd still pay a little bit more for the 4pc just for the convenience of the bush i fish through. personally, if there were 2 rods, exactly the same except 2 vs. 4 and unless the 2pc was a some ridculously silly amount less, which it wouldnt be... i'd pay for the 4pc. so what's the limit

I'm a Thomas&Thomas kinda guy when it comes to graphite. They are hard to find out here so I buy off the dread auction site. 4 piece are not often available and are pricey, but 2 piece are seen more often and the MOST I've paid is 1/2 price.

Regards Mike

I don't see myself buying another 2 piece rod.

I like my 4-piece rods for the convenience and I don't think I'm losing anything in the action of the rod. My favourite rod is a 3-piece, but thats the thing I like the least about it. I much prefer a rod that can be broken down into 2 equal sized sections, so 4 and 6 piece rods would be preferable to me. Odd numbered section rods irritate me, but the ones I have are so good that I suffer in silence (mostly).

(Are you listening Sage, make a 000-TXL in a 4-piece and the world will beat a path to your door.....well I will anyway!)

Had a two piece. Swapped it out for a four piece. The longer tube was too big for the car, love the four piece for convenience. The ONLY thing that I liked about the two piece was the assembly took two or three seconds. Other than that, it was too bulky. Looked like a gun case....lol