Fly Fusion Forums

I Missed You So Much...

SteveM

My lost camera is lost no more!

A gigantic THANK YOU to a gentleman named Paul Morrell. He was working at the Healing waters booth at the expo with FFC's resident

ex-army hippie, Flyfishfairwx. BTW, Ray, Paul spoke very highly of you; how much are ya paying him? :angel:smail:

Here's the story of how he found my camera:

Paul sat in the chair outside the little wrangler's room (where I was fairly certain I'd lost my cam) & pulled his cellphone out of his right side coat pocket to make a call. His left hand was by his side & felt a camera in the chair. He thought, "Oh, I dropped my camera..." & slipped it into his coat pocket without even looking at it. Later, at the booth, he pulled it out to take a few pics & had a 'WTF' moment..."This ain't my camera!"

Turns out he had left his camera at home that morning, and had picked mine up from the chair. :clapping: Lucky for me.

Being a smart fella, he figured FFC would be a good place to check for the idjit who lost his camera. He was right; he joined the forum & sent me a message. All that was left to do was find a time to get together. I would have been happy to drive across the city to get my cam back; turns out I didn't have to. Paul phoned me yesterday evening ; he was in my end of town. Fittingly, he was doing a course on ethics. Gave him my address & a short time later I was shaking his hand at my front door & had my camera back.

We had a nice sit-down, swapped some fish stories & made plans to hit the Bow together. Couldn't talk him into accepting a monetary reward, but he's got a gift coming his way; I'm working on a pyrography (woodburning) project for him. Least I can do, I figure.

Moral of the story: there's still decent people out there.

To any of you who know Paul Morrell: next time you see him, shake his hand & thank him for being a decent human being.

Glad to be able to share a story with a happy ending.

Thanks a ton, Paul! :cheers:

Met Paul at the show as well and after talking to him about PHWC he seems like a stand up guy. Not surprised to hear this at all.

And Steve, I was positive that you were going to celebrate the return of your camera by posting a flower pic as well. I mean, it's what you and that camera are best know for... :D

Met Paul at the show as well and after talking to him about PHWC he seems like a stand up guy. Not surprised to hear this at all.

And Steve, I was positive that you were going to celebrate the return of your camera by posting a flower pic as well. I mean, it's what you and that camera are best know for... :D

I like to believe my camera & I are best known for shots like this...

p8080749.jpg

45969t.jpg

p9060973.jpg

...and this...

pc250683.jpg

...but, we all know that's not true! LOL

Here's a celebratory flower...

p8040003.jpg

...and one more...

p9180070.jpg

AHHHH!

I feel better now!

Like kids who have their mittens on strings, p'raps you should get a lanyard around yer neck and attach the camera.

Thanks, Mom... :angel:smail:

I actually have a lanyard; I use it when I'm fishin'.

Figured it was pretty safe in a buttoned-up pocket. Figured wrong... :opps:

Hi Bobloblaw.

Paul Morrell is one of those people that go through life doing good things that to him are just the right thing to do.

I have known Paul for more then 30years and he has given me much more then he will ever know.

He was my best friend from jr High School when I was a skinny long haired four eyed kid. His folks showed me what it was like to have a good family to belong to, and probly by their example keep me from being another New Brunswick bum in jail.

I owe the man, and it comes as no surprise that he returned your camera and went to the lengths he did to get it to you.

you have met a true "good guy "

Ray.

Damn I should not drink red wine and think of the old days!!!!

Blowing my image as a grumpy old Sgt..

I kinda wish I found yer camera. Make no mistake, i'd return it but after viewing the pictures you'd never be the same.

And you are the Admenstruator? Classy!

Kinda reminds me of an episode of 'Arrested Development'. They had found some pictures of what they all thought was the Iraqi

desert; eventually, the family lawyer (played by Henry Winkler) looked at the pic & identified the subject correctly:"Those are balls..."

Hi Bobloblaw.

Paul Morrell is one of those people that go through life doing good things that to him are just the right thing to do.

I have known Paul for more then 30years and he has given me much more then he will ever know.

He was my best friend from jr High School when I was a skinny long haired four eyed kid. His folks showed me what it was like to have a good family to belong to, and probly by their example keep me from being another New Brunswick bum in jail.

I owe the man, and it comes as no surprise that he returned your camera and went to the lengths he did to get it to you.

you have met a true "good guy "

Ray.

Damn I should not drink red wine and think of the old days!!!!

Blowing my image as a grumpy old Sgt..

Amen to that, Ray; absolutely a true "good guy". Seemed kinda redundant that Paul was doing an ethics course; plenty of folks

in this city could use some ethics training- he ain't one of 'em.

Ah D00de, I'm all cornfused by that big word ya been usin'..... do you mean this or this????

Neither??? Or both???

I dunno. I stole it from BBT's sig, which he stole from someone else's post. Pretty sure it doesn't mean what the original user thought it meant.

I just used it for the helluvit; attach any definition you wish to it... :angel:smail:

And you are the Admenstruator? Classy!

Kinda reminds me of an episode of 'Arrested Development'. They had found some pictures of what they all thought was the Iraqi

desert; eventually, the family lawyer (played by Henry Winkler) looked at the pic & identified the subject correctly:"Those are balls..."

I may be administrator but that doesn't mean i have to grow up does it?