Fly Fusion Forums

Mountain Jewels

Happy New Year everyone!

Instead of getting blasted last night, i decided to stay home and finish off a movie i've been working on for awhile. Mountain Jewels was filmed in mid August when the lakes are buzzing with activity. Not only flies but people too. We were lucky and had the lake to our selves for most of the day. We experienced some of the best still water dry fly action of our lives. What a Day!!!

I hope you all enjoy this latest addition to the Humblefisherman series,

Fly Fishing for Mountain Jewels

Be well friends,

The Humblefisherman

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

another wicked warm moment for this cold day. Thanks for the vid and now i cant wait to hit that lake again. Did you catch any bows out there?

thanks dudes,

no bows that day, although i did get a few this year on different days outta there. I find the big Rainbows sit in the deepest portion of that lake, while the cutts cruise the shore. I spent the morning dredging for rainbows but switched to dries after Trouttrek began to show off.

Thanks again guy's for you positive words,

the boats are called WaterMasters and they sell out of Big Sky Inflatables in Montana.

http://www.bigskyinflatables.com/

I think you can even buy them at Bass pro shops now. The two models i have are the Grizzly and the Kodiak. The griz weighs about 50 pounds, the kodiak is about 60 (we make camera man Cory haul that one! haha). Great boats, i've had mine for close to a decade and they have never leaked or broken. Best Kickboat on the Market, the only drawback is price. I bought mine from the factory and got a bit of a discount for buying 3 at a time.

they are worth the price.