Fly Fusion Forums

How Naive Was I...

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/12/02/tiger.woods/index.html

How sad.

worth $1 billion dollars

sleeping with every tramp he can find.

I hope his wife takes him for more than half and goes on to live a happy life.

What a sleeze he turned out to be. If she hit him with a 9 iron...I doubt it would of knocked any sense of realization of how he has ruined his marriage and harmed his kids etc.

Nike and Gatorade etc. are all saying they will stick by Tiger... Strange...they must be making lots of money off of him.

Sun

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/12/02/tiger.woods/index.html

How sad.

worth $1 billion dollars

sleeping with every tramp he can find.

I hope his wife takes him for more than half and goes on to live a happy life.

What a sleeze he turned out to be. If she hit him with a 9 iron...I doubt it would of knocked any sense of realization of how he has ruined his marriage and harmed his kids etc.

Nike and Gatorade etc. are all saying they will stick by Tiger... Strange...they must be making lots of money off of him.

Sun

How naive indeed to think you know the ins and outs of someone personal life who

a. you've never met.

and

b.only know through the media.

Nike and Gatorade must be making money off him, just like you make money from the Oil sands.

Sheesh.

Apparantly he attended his english composition classes at Stanford between keggers...or someone did for him...

This statement from Tiger Woods was posted on his website:

I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behaviour my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behaviour and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

Helluva a golfer if he can get married, father two kids, party like Elvis in Vegas and still win six tournaments this year....

Guest Sundancefisher
How naive indeed to think you know the ins and outs of someone personal life who

a. you've never met.

and

b.only know through the media.

Nike and Gatorade must be making money off him, just like you make money from the Oil sands.

Sheesh.

Getting more personal with every attack SL... Come on...let's keep the 5 iron above the belt already <--poke--<

While my post was making fun to a degree...I must admit his public personna appeared to be that of a guy with a well balance family and professional life.

My point was it is sad. He is/was a role model for many kids...and probably many disadvantaged youth. What does he say now? You can make lots of money...but disrespecting your wife and marriage...go for it. Do I like him less...as a member of the public yes. Do I know him personally...only through Bill Gates.

Anyways...I assume (lol) that you like what he did versus just jumping on another thread to discuss global warming? <--poke--<

Sheesh...

LOL

Guest Sundancefisher
First in with:

What's the difference between a golf ball and an Escalade?

Tiger can drive a golf ball 400 yds.

Regards Mike

LOL...the joke and photo...priceless...

For everything else...there is either Mastercard or a great divorce lawyer.

Sheesh.

And the cheap shot artist strikes once more! Tell me SL, do you have a framed jersey of Todd Bertuzzi or Chris Simon? (Or both?) Really, if you played in the NHL, surely you would have served a couple of games by now (That's if you could stand yourself by making those huge sums of money...)

Must be nice to have a smaller ecological footprint than the rest of us. Fact is, your house must be smaller, because who needs a toilet when your own poop doesn't stink?

Sorry, SL, couldn't resist... :D<--poke--<

Double Sheesh.

:)

Smitty

So 2 add my 0.4 cents, I agree that its somewhat sad. Somehow, I also had the naivety that, for some silly reason, golf players existed on a higher plane than players from the MLB, NBA, NFL or NHL. I'm not saying Tiger's going to burn in hell, I'm just surprised, just as surprised as if I'd found out Gretzky had behaved the same.

Also, from a guy's perspective, who the hell would want to cheat on Elin? Kinda like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley! Are you stupid or something?!?!

;)

This is the reason I would never ever call a sports celebrity, of sports figure a "hero"

never ever, they are just people who happen to have a talent, that is it.

Not my definition of hero, or somebody to worship or to be envious of ..

just saying that is all..

Might be a bit heavy but just the way I see it...

This guys are heroes to me..

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/memorial/20...2/10223286.html

From an editorial in today's Nat. Post: "This naturally led readers to scramble for their dictionaries, or at least, Google, where "transgression" and "transgression definition" became Google's major trend of the morning.""

Little sad isn't it? People don't know what a "transgression" is?

j

Guest Sundancefisher
Nike slogan - Just Do It

Gatorade slogan - Is it in you?

edit: Sundance's slogan (?) - Don't Hate. Debate.

OMG...I still can't stop laughing...

ha ha ha....giggle...

Also, from a guy's perspective, who the hell would want to cheat on Elin? Kinda like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley! Are you stupid or something?!?!

;)

Yeah no kidding. Tiger, take a look at what you already HAVE... sheesh. If this is true... just.... wow...

And the cheap shot artist strikes once more! Tell me SL, do you have a framed jersey of Todd Bertuzzi or Chris Simon? (Or both?) Really, if you played in the NHL, surely you would have served a couple of games by now (That's if you could stand yourself by making those huge sums of money...)

Must be nice to have a smaller ecological footprint than the rest of us. Fact is, your house must be smaller, because who needs a toilet when your own poop doesn't stink?

Sorry, SL, couldn't resist... :D<--poke--<

Double Sheesh.

:)

Smitty

So 2 add my 0.4 cents, I agree that its somewhat sad. Somehow, I also had the naivety that, for some silly reason, golf players existed on a higher plane than players from the MLB, NBA, NFL or NHL. I'm not saying Tiger's going to burn in hell, I'm just surprised, just as surprised as if I'd found out Gretzky had behaved the same.

;)

I hate hockey (except the olympics).

I think Sun is feeling cold; you'd better jump back in bed with him.

But...would that be cheating?