Fly Fusion Forums

Landlord Rant

That's my point about this whole thing, landlords are 90% of the time just ignorant a-holes.

90% you think? Seems a bit high to me. Amazing that I never had an ignorant ***hole for a landlord. Just lucky I guess.

But since I'm a landlord now, I guess I hope I fall in the 10%!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do get it, please please please familiarize yourself with the "Residential Tenancy Act", if you aren't already familiar with it! This has "potential problem" written all over it (seeing that this person you are dealing with is a "representative" of the owner or management company)! As a landlord, I would also suggest that you go "month to month" with this one if possible, just in case (definitely nothing more then a 6 month lease!)!

P

Thank you for the tip, I will read up on that and let you know what happens. Thanks!

90% you think? Seems a bit high to me. Amazing that I never had an ignorant ***hole for a landlord. Just lucky I guess.

But since I'm a landlord now, I guess I hope I fall in the 10%!

You don't have to be sarcastic about it, I am probably wrong on that percentage but I'm going by what I've had to deal with, personal experience. I'm really glad you're not in my position and so many other people. And if you are a good landlord, I'm truly jealous somebody else got you and I have to deal with the unreasonable ones. I'm not being sarcastic either, I would die a happy man if I can have atleast 1 decent landlord while I'm still renting. Screw it, the fact that this bothers me so much is it's like I'm trying to rent a house made of gold. I'm not even complaining about the outrageous rental prices, which are also rediculous ontop of everything else.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

haha, you and me both Rick. I love having a tenant who pays me money just for a roof and walls. And if it werent for over priced dump rentals then i would not have gotten my new place either. I now save 400/month and am building equity + my house is larger and all classier than all my rentals over the years

• 2 weeks later...