Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Rod Raffle Only A Few Hours Left!!!

reevesr1

Hello Everyone,

Jack Simpson at Amundson has graciously donated a Midge 3/4 wt (2 tips), 8 ft, 4 pc, backpack rod to be raffled for my Prostate Cancer Fundraiser. Here is the catalog page:

18gb.jpg

This rod looks perfect for a day hunting down cutties, or whatever else might haunt your favorite small stream! I'm pretty sure FishTales is carrying these if you want to preview.

So here is how this is going to work. Raffle "tickets" are $10.00 each. The tickets are purchased by donating to my Movember site at:

Rick's Donation Site

and clicking on the "donate to me" link. If you don't feel comfortable donating on line, PM me and we can set something else up.

PLEASE put your FFC name somewhere when you donate! I will track entrants via the donation website. If you donate $10, one ticket, $20 is two, and so on. At the end of the month (December 1), I will put everyone into a hat and have my 12 yr old daughter do the draw (because it will make her happy).

Good luck!

And thanks again Jack!

Hmmm... This was an "incentive" for people to donate to you (or was that not clearly stated in the original post - I'll have to read it again)!! *Edit*, yeah you clearly stated "my donation site"!!

On the other hand he is still donating to the overall cause (same team, different member)...

I say he can be included, but if he wins he's disqualified and the rod goes to me!! :P LoL

P

P.S. Just kidding!

So far 19 tickets, with Crogg being the latest entrant. (Thanks Crogg!) I'm at a loss however as to what to do with Hydro. Since he donated to another team member, should I include him in the raffle?

I'm at a loss however as to what to do with Hydro. Since he donated to another team member, should I include him in the raffle?

Damn. I would have ignored the fact you hate me if I would have known there was a chance at such a sweet rod.

If you don't include me, I'm telling your boss.

bwt, that looks like a really, really sweet rod. Giving that baby up is very generous of you. Your dad would be proud.

From someone who has had Prostrate Cancer and here today because of early detection & people like Rick in doing this that I can still enjoy our sport. So thank you Rick & all who is donating, the Rod is a great bonus & incentive. Also to all of you guys listen when I say EARLY DETECTION is the key...get yourself checked regularily especially after the age of 40.

From someone who has had Prostrate Cancer and here today because of early detection & people like Rick in doing this that I can still enjoy our sport. So thank you Rick & all who is donating, the Rod is a great bonus & incentive. Also to all of you guys listen when I say EARLY DETECTION is the key...get yourself checked regularily especially after the age of 40.

Thanks jdangler.

I have 3 friends at work, all of which have been treated for prostate cancer, and all of whom are cancer free today due to early detection. as JD said, Any of you over 40 NEED to get checked. This cancer is completely treatable if detected early. If not detected early, to be very blunt, you die. And trust me, from personal experience it can be a very ugly way to go.

I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the support in this. But if I knew that someone reading this got screened who otherwise wouldn't have, that would make me more proud than any donations

And hydro, I put you in the draw even though I don't like you much!

Edit:

Lots of donations/raffle tickets last night. Thanks to:

Cheeler

Gustuphson

Golfman09

JDAngler

Bloom

Pacreseltoro (and thanks to you guys again for letting me use this forum for this cause)

DoctorK

Wayne

I'm up to $1170. Thanks again.

Ben is fine, other than a bit of damaged pride. Car didn't make it though. Significant damage to the other car as well.

Glad to here Rick,my son smashed his car in the first week.Total right off,thought i had taught him well but i guess theres nothing that teaches better then mistakes.He's pretty careful now and pays real close attention to whats going on around him.