Fly Fusion Forums

The Never-ending Unlimited Cake Thread

here's the cake i baked last time i was invited on the 'cake boss' show and won [yet again]...

for ingredients i only had a 3 day old bucket of kfc, a tube of zap-a-gap, some almond paste left over from last season, 7 timmie's sugar packets i stole, a single robin's egg and a box of whole wheat flour [yes that's right, straight old german 1600 boys & girls].

i only had 17 minutes to preheat my hibachi, and as you can see my winning cake is...

post-1222-1259037101.jpg

...oh...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok, ok. this is for real. it combines some of my fave things: cake and dark rum.

it's really simple:

Rum Cake

1 - yellow cake mix

1 - (4 serving size) 1 3/4oz instant vanilla pudding mix

4 eggs

1/2 c cold milk

1/2 c vegetable oil

1/2 c dark rum

Glaze

1/2 c butter

1/4 c water

1 c sugar

1/2 c dark rum

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease & flour 12 c Bundt pan. Combine all cake indredients. Beat for 2 min. on high with mixer. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan. Invert on serving plate. Prick top with fork [!].

Glaze : Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water & sugar. Boil 5 min., stirring constantly, remove from heat and stir in rum.

Drizzle glaze over top of cake & sides.

its good to leave it for a day before eating. it will stay moist and the longer it sits, the better it tastes.

but it usually doesn't make it past day 3 in my house.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i, uh, got this cake. but now not sure if it's staging cake, spawning cake or what.

post-1222-1272681705.jpg

wracked with guilt and indecision...not sure what to do.

seek experts advice?

maybe should just eat some cake?

Can you do this with pie? I think not!!!!!!!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Click here if the movie does not play.

Actually Chris, load that thing with some butter tarts (which are essentially mini pies [the equivalent of cupcake/mini cakes]) and fire away!

:P

P

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Click here if the movie does not play.

:wave_smile:

• 3 months later...