Fly Fusion Forums

Pot Bust

The permanent brain cell damage is the real waste

And the "legalize" crowd still doesn't realize where the expression "dope-smoking no-mind" came from.

Bottom line: if you buy anything contraband these days, you are supporting organized crime gangs who kill people(including innocent, totally uninvolved people). You support the smuggling of cocaine and guns into Canada, you support slavery, you support home invasions, robberies and protection rackets.

j

And the "legalize" crowd still doesn't realize where the expression "dope-smoking no-mind" came from.

As opposed to alcohol?

Bottom line: if you buy anything contraband these days, you are supporting organized crime gangs who kill people(including innocent, totally uninvolved people). You support the smuggling of cocaine and guns into Canada, you support slavery, you support home invasions, robberies and protection rackets.

j

And if you legalized it, you would remove this from the equation. I don't partake of the green stuff myself but I don't have any issues with legalization.

If I bought some illegal contraband these days it would be from some of my good friends who never even get in fights, aren't involved with any gang, don't come close to killing anyone, dont enslave anyone, do not own guns, don't have anything to do with cocaine, do not steal or do any home invasions...........

There are some decent people still able to grow a bit and sell a bit that the HA hasn't taken over, and if it wasn't illegal, and it therefore wasnt so profitable for the HA, there would be much more local, nice, friendly growers like some people I know...

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

hahahahaha, taco have you flipped through "Bud inc." If looks at that same issure. but at the same time i have ruthlessly killed hundreds! i hide in a guilly suit and wait in the bush for the perfect time to pull the triger...but at the end of the day we all walk back to our cars untill next week lol.

yo Jack, get off the Nancy Raigen bandwagon and educate yourself.

but really if you legalize it then you cut the legs out of the market and it becomes useless to the gangs. As it sits right now to grow a plant and sell it is 100% PROFIT (the best kind). Im not sure what the profit margins for tobacco are but im sure its lower and last i checked HA doesnt run any tobacco farms...

just my 2c

I have educated myself. "Legalization" is a myth perpetrated by those with an agenda based on their own selfish requirements. Instead of beating the same old drum why don't you "educate yourself" ? Study the whole scope of the "legalized drug" situation in Europe, especially the places like Switzerland and the city of Amsterdam where the pro-dopers gleefully point to the "success" of legalization. In depth, objectively(if you can).

Why is it fashionable to deride those who are adamantly against ingesting, inhaling or injecting hallucinogens into one's body?

j

Why is it fashionable to deride those who are adamantly against ingesting, inhaling or injecting hallucinogens into one's body?

j

It's all good, it's a very subjective issue anyway. Just don't deride the people (and there are millions throughout the world in all sorts of different cultures) who see hallucinogens as natural blessings that, when used in moderation, have many benefits - physical, mental, and spiritual. It's never gonna be legal so the people on both sides of the pot debate need to learn to ignore each other. Tools like Marc Emery give weed a bad image.

I have educated myself. "Legalization" is a myth perpetrated by those with an agenda based on their own selfish requirements. Instead of beating the same old drum why don't you "educate yourself" ? Study the whole scope of the "legalized drug" situation in Europe, especially the places like Switzerland and the city of Amsterdam where the pro-dopers gleefully point to the "success" of legalization. In depth, objectively(if you can).

j

Are you Seriouse.

To me there are alot of LEGAL things out there that cause alot more damage to our society.

1. Cafine (To most people this is a drug which in the end causes alot of seriouse health risks)

2. Smoking (How much money does our goverment spend on people that are dieing from cancer that is related to smoking)

3. Booze (How many people world wide is killed because of drunk driving, how many domestic disputes that turn very violent is relate to drinking, etc....)

Most people say that weed is a gateway drug and once again I say bullshit.

I have some friends that have some seriouse problems with cocaine and did you know that 90% of the time they do it, it is while they are drinking, and the reason why they do it is so they can sober up and drink some more, so with saying that the root of their problem is not the cocaine but it is the drinking.

Also while going to work this morning I was listening to the radio and they were playing a excert from the interveiw that Opera did with Witteny Huston and witteny even said if it wasn't for all the drinking Bobby Brown and her did she probably would have never done any cocaine.

But hey these are legal so it is okay but weed isn;t so its the devils smoke.

I used to tell clients back when I ran my own company. If they brought weed to the river... no problem it's up to them. If they brought a ton of booze and / or were drunk from the night before when I picked them up, the day was over. I'd rather run into someone who's high than someone who's drunk anyday. Im not saying I support either side here, just stating the facts. bhurt has some very, very valid points.

why is it legal to smoke, drink coffee, drink alchohol ?? (all things your "ingesting" which are harmfull to you). Especially alchohol, becuase not only are you hurting yourslef, but your often hurting others too.

Now. Im not saying Im against anything either way... people are free to make their own choices, but I also think people should have the right to not be affected by others bad choices too.

The stats speaks volumes, 34% of all murders in the US are alcohol related. Some stats state that rate even higher.

Smoking pot is nothing compared to the effects of alcohol on our society...

I have lived in Amsterdam off and on over the years. I hardly know any dutch people that smoke it, most of the cafes there are filled with tourists.

Suntoucher, people want what they cant have.

There has never been a reported case of a marijuana overdose.... But think of how many deaths in a single year are caused by consumption of alcohol! 1 in 25 deaths in Canada each year are alcohol related.

Heres a chart showing marijuana addictiveness compared to other substances.

http://www.procon.org/viewbackgroundresour...resourceID=1492

Strange? I thought if you ingested the mysterious plant once your a "doper" for life...

Hawgstoppah,

"As well, the 1,278 fatalities do not include individuals killed in impaired crashes on the waterways. In 2004, it was reported that there were 164 water-related deaths involving alcohol (many of these may not be included in the 1,278 number)." - MADD.ca

Maybe we shouldn't legalize marijuana, but get some other *hit under control first... Like those god damn boozed up, caffeine ridden, cigarette smoking poachers!

Suntoucher, people want what they cant have.

There has never been a reported case of a marijuana overdose.... But think of how many deaths in a single year are caused by consumption of alcohol! 1 in 25 deaths in Canada each year are alcohol related.

Heres a chart showing marijuana addictiveness compared to other substances.

http://www.procon.org/viewbackgroundresour...resourceID=1492

Strange? I thought if you ingested the mysterious plant once your a "doper" for life...

Hawgstoppah,

"As well, the 1,278 fatalities do not include individuals killed in impaired crashes on the waterways. In 2004, it was reported that there were 164 water-related deaths involving alcohol (many of these may not be included in the 1,278 number)." - MADD.ca

Maybe we shouldn't legalize marijuana, but get some other *hit under control first... Like those god damn boozed up, caffeine ridden, cigarette smoking poachers!

Yikes.....

I drink, Smoke, and love my caffine, I guess its time up for me.

The primary mistake in the "legalize" argument is equating the current "legal" substances with "OK" or not harmful. Everyone knows that's BS. Weed is a gateway drug? The argument can be justified both ways. Lots of folks do weed and never anything more. How many addicts started with weed? Very close to 100%. But that is also part and parcel of personality disorder, requiring ever higher levels of escape.

"I have lived in Amsterdam off and on over the years. I hardly know any dutch people that smoke it, most of the cafes there are filled with tourists." Same in areas of Switzerland, where injected drugs are dispensed for free, by government. There is very little actual "drug trade" in both examples, but, they are NOT bordering on the good ol' USA market and (in BOTH areas), violent, drug-related street crime, home invasion and robberies with violence are constantly on the rise ! So, when actually studying the wide scope of "drugs", the myth that in places in Europe where it's legal, it is "all good", is utter subjective propaganda.

j