Fly Fusion Forums

Dream Destination?

After reading that Glenbow booked his trip to New Zealand, I started thinking how lucky he is because that would be one of my Dream destinations to go to Fly fish.

What are your top 3 fly fishing Dream Destinations and if you could invite anyone on earth, who would you invite? (2 people, dead or alive, pretend you have a time machine).

Mine.

1. Chile

2. New Zealand

3. Alaska

Both the people I'd invite are dead, but I'd have to say I would most want to fish with my Grandpa again, and Ernest Hemingway.

I bet if this question was asked in other parts of the world, a lot of the answers would be the Bow river.

My Girlfriends folks live in New Zealand so next year I will be fishing there for sure with the GF Dad

Patigonia in Chile would be next and I would take my Bud Carlos since he is from Chile and a good guy

Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales with my Brother.

The Highwood with anyone on this board

SEAB

Yukon

Alaska

People I would invite to fish with me , would be both my brothers.

I'll be fishing in both Alaska & Yukon in about 3 weeks time so I guess I should feel pretty lucky!

Guest bigbadbrent

1. Argentina/Chile

2. New Zealand

3. Iceland

hopefully i'll be doing at least one of those as a grad present to myself, whenever i get out of university

i'd take my dad and that's probably it..maybe my dog

For me,

1.) New Zealand (yay,I'm actually going! Love those airmiles)

2.) Mongolia - Taiman anyone?

3.) Lower K at fist ice-out! (Probly the Yukon though, although Kenya has some high-mountain trout & you can see wildlife on the way)

I'd take my GF, my buddy in Australia & maybe Hitler. I just gotta ask that guy some questions before I tied a rock to his feet & invited him swinmming.

Actually, #3 would be the Dali Lama. He's an interesting fella.

1) Giant Tarpon in the Keys

2) Salmon / Steelhead on BC or Alaska ... looks like this one's gonna happen this fall :lol:

3) Every night I get to fish the Bow

Who would I invite? Hmmm. Well... #1 would be my dad. He doesn't get much time to fish... ever. Last time I fished with him I bet I was 14 or so. #2 would be my wife... if'n she'd decide to get into a bit someday....... :(

1. Baja (good bud has fished it alomost every winter for 15 years and raves)

2. Great Bear Lake (guided there for a summer when it was crap in the mid 70's and it was awesome then)

3. 50 mile radius of Nordegg

I'd take my daughter and son, but if Sean didn't go I'd love to have had the chance to fish with Rod Haig-Brown.

Yup, flyslinger nailed it.

50 years ago on the Campbell River steelheading with Roderick Haig Brown. Spend the morning at lower Island Pool, and then walk back down stream to the Sandy Pool, and then finish the day off right off his door step at the Line Fence Pool.

Also, anywhere my two daughters want to go!

Don't forget about the Himalayas, great trout streams out there. Indian Kashmir and Bhutan have got some good brown trout fishing. The British stocked their streams and lakes many years ago from tiny fry in clay pots via horseback.

I spent almost a year up there as a guide and also backpacked around. Saw some wicked streams full of trout but I left the fly rod at home...it didn't fit in the backpack!

1. Himalayas

2. Central Alberta

3. Patagonia (Chile/Argentia)

I would like to go to Alaska and it probually sounds stupid but I've been thinking of maybe going to Flordia and to see if it is possible to get a Marlin or Shark on the Flyrod. I think it would be a once in a lifetime feeling if you could do it..

Patagonia

Alaska

Belize

I'd bring a couple Jessica's along (Biel and Alba, or maybe a Simpson) - What !! gotta do something when your not fishing ! and the post said anyone ?

Show your posting to to your wife and it may improve your chances of goin' fishin' with the Jessicas :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

1. england one of orvis streams.

2. new zealand

3. mongolia

I see alot of people would like to go to alaska. I highly reconmend it . Alought i didnt flyfish when i went there it was still one of my fondest memories. Halibut fishing was incredible caught a 80lb from 200 ft i was only 15 and man it was awesome. Also did some stream fishing for salmon nothing like hooking into a 12 or higher salmon on a stream like the bow. Alaska hass these awesome wilderness cabins in the prince william sound. We stayed at one just a old prospectors cabin in the middle of nowhere didnt see anyone for 3 days talk about getting away from the crowds. Also you havent tasted fresh fish until you catch a big salmon an d have it grilling in 5 minutes man is that tasty.