Fly Fusion Forums

I Like My Polaroid.

jksnijders

I'm probably the most computer-illiterate person I know, but what's the deal with max. single uploads giving me grief? Is it max for a thread?

Once you have the first one uploaded, hit browse again to make your next selection and click upload again and repeat till you have what you want to post uploaded and hit add reply.

I'm probably the most computer-illiterate person I know, but what's the deal with max. single uploads giving me grief? Is it max for a thread?

Don't know much about 'puters, myself; but, I post pics using Imageshack & I can put 10 pics in a post.

The files are as compressed as much as I can get them, (50-100 KB max.) even when I tried a new thread the max. upload prompt appears when I try to upload?

What are you using to size them and what resolution are you set at?

I just checked your photo file info and your running 5 kb over on each which means you can only get one at a time, you could do as suggested by storing on line at at a image hosting site like tiny pics , photobucket among others.

Here are the steps at photo bucket:

1:Get a free account

2: Upload the Pics onto the PB website

3: Go back to your album in PB and "Copy" the direct link with a right click of the mouse.

4: in the Reply section while posting you can Insert an Image. Its the button that is 2 over on the right from the Underlined symbol.

5: Paste you direct link from PB and hit OK!

you can usually fit like 7-8 per post.

hope that helps for ya or anyone else who was having trouble.

Drew

Once you have the first one uploaded, hit browse again to make your next selection and click upload again and repeat till you have what you want to post uploaded and hit add reply.

I too have had issues. Understand the above, but again per post total 100kb correct?

so add 3 x 30kb pics for a total of 90kb and than you are done correct? start another post? I too am quite computer literate and have not problem reducing file size.

I too have had issues. Understand the above, but again per post total 100kb correct?

so add 3 x 30kb pics for a total of 90kb and than you are done correct? start another post? I too am quite computer literate and have not problem reducing file size.

You got it , the total upload per post is 100 k

When you upload to one of the image servers (I use imageshack, but there are lots others), the 100k does not apply as the picture isn't being held at FFC. FFC is just linking (if that's the right word) to the picture server. I think the limit is 9 or 10 pictures. Imageshack can take up to 3 meg photos (I think), but if you picture a file that big, it can take a long time to render on the screen. Imageshack gives the option of choosing what size you want to upload, as I'm sure the others do. I pick the 17" monitor version, and those end up being around 250K in size I think.

for example, this is over 100K (one is 53K, the other is 56K)

post15981251857860.jpg

post15981251857896.jpg

Awesome shots by the way.

PM me if you wish and I can talk you through it.